Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
When I said 600 miles, I meant round trip.
I was gonna say...isn't England like 300 miles long?

I've driven from NYC to Rochester to look at bikes and cars before (about 300+ miles), when I was young and stupid and single. You make a weekend of it. Go up, look, buy or walk, drink it up in the local, sleep it off in a hotel room, travel back the next night. Worst case scenario you had a mini-weekend where you puked your liquor in a strange place and maybe caught a different social disease. It's all in how you look at it.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
600 miles from colchester to north wales???? are you going via scarborough?

kinda figured it'd be a round trip mileage.
Thought that went without saying.
As you say the NC30's the better bike, but a lot more dosh. The RVF would be better still.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I was gonna say...isn't England like 300 miles long?

I've driven from NYC to Rochester to look at bikes and cars before (about 300+ miles), when I was young and stupid and single. You make a weekend of it. Go up, look, buy or walk, drink it up in the local, sleep it off in a hotel room, travel back the next night. Worst case scenario you had a mini-weekend where you puked your liquor in a strange place and maybe caught a different social disease. It's all in how you look at it.
Fairly sure the Missus would have something to say if I went away for the weekend all on my own.
It'll have to be done in a day.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
You make a weekend of it. Go up, look, buy or walk, drink it up in the local, sleep it off in a hotel room, travel back the next night. Worst case scenario you had a mini-weekend where you puked your liquor in a strange place and maybe caught a different social disease. It's all in how you look at it.
Dude.... we're talking North Wales... for a drunken Englishman I don't think I could think of a worse enough worst case...

Nice riding country, just don't get offended at the chippy when the locals hear you speaking english without a welsh accent and suddenly switch from english to welsh whilst they talk to each other.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Dude.... we're talking North Wales... for a drunken Englishman I don't think I could think of a worse enough worst case...

Nice riding country, just don't get offended at the chippy when the locals hear you speaking english without a welsh accent and suddenly switch from english to welsh whilst they talk to each other.
Dude?.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Dude...

I often use dude... I'm of the "Bill and Ted" generation with long hair and all!

Also a fan of The Big Lebowski.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Insert plot to any guy ritchie film here.

Ah, how much like America you really are. It doesn't bother me when the Latinos, Jews, west Indians, and Asians did it when I lived in their neighborhoods, why would it bother me when a bunch of white guys do it....I'll just assume they are asking me where the nearest rugby pitch, choir practice, or sheep pen is.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
I'll just assume they are asking me where the nearest rugby pitch, choir practice, or sheep pen is.
Two of which involve bathing with other men, the other just requiring welly boots and lipstick... and a sheep...

Dangerous place Wales...

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
boy you englanders love to eat your own kind don't cha. I thought the problem with wales was the blow hole....hey oh.....

so it's welsh jokes then...right.

What's the difference between a Chav and a welshman?

Is there a difference?

I used to go out with a Welsh girl that had 36DDs. It was a ridiculously long name.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
ok two more....

On a beautiful summer’s day, two English tourists were driving through Wales.
At Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch they stopped for lunch and one of the tourists asked the waitress: “Before we order, I wonder if you could settle an argument for us. Can you pronounce where we are, very, very, very slowly?”
The girl leaned over and said:
“Burrr… gurrr… King.”

A Welshman, Scot and Englishman are walking when they come across a lantern and a genie pops out and grants them one wish each.
The Scot says: “I am a sheep herder, like my dad before me. I want my country to be full of lovely sheep farms.” Whoosh, and so it was.
The Englishman was amazed and says: “I want a wall around England to keep those damned Scots and Welsh out.” Bang, there was a wall around England.
The Welshman says: “Tell me more about this wall.”
The genie says: “It’s 200 feet high, 100 feet thick, it goes all around England, and nothing can get in or out.”
The Welshman says: “Fill it with water.”

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yea........it's soft.

It ended at around $2200..........reserve not met.

Good news is is that one could purchase a bike already completed and forgo the $300 non running untitled jalopy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have to say, this "Used market getting softer"? thread got a whole lot more interesting with Geeto's Welsh jokes.
At the risk of starting an international incident Geeto, do you have any more?

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
Yea........it's soft.

It ended at around $2200..........reserve not met.
It's not soft, that bike is a piece of shit. It's ugly as sin, has an ironing board seat, lowered and useless suspension. It even says "dime city cycles" right on it. Seriously.

If anything the market is getting smarter.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts