Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so . . . . what was that note from Bob C. supposed to mean?

"Bruce...Not the last chance for bragging rights over the winter...We have a race on October 8 at NHIS... and the possibility of one more ..maybe."

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup. oct 8 is going to be cold enough. JB, you coming without Mary? We are planning on the usual, and I'll bring the fire ring if I have to make one that night.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Yeah, my plans are to make with or without. Although it depends on the weather. Rain and no Mary would be too much.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
would be great if there were another race before the end of the season. But I don't see how they'll swing it without any notice. Gots to give them old racin' folk some time to free up the monday....

It's been years with talk of new venues and more races, let's hope something finally pans out! Four races a year just ain't enough.

So, any recommendations for studded tires?

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Yeah I'm hoping for the best. But whatever it may be I probably can't make it, will be working the second half of Oct. and most of Nov.

What I fear is a small turnout due to time of year and short notice. I hope the club doesn't see that as a forecast of future potential for the event. Another venue would be great... just kind of an awkward time to schedule one this year.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

JohnnyB

PS. Totally off topic, but here's what I'll be working on in Nov. "Building" this virtual stone bridge to spec, then placing it in backdrop photos of some billionairs land downstate. This a first draft concept of the bridge arch. Individually modeled stones baby.

Edited by - jbranson on Sep 25 2007 01:52:02 AM

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if another place time does happen (Maybe it's carl's last track day) it should be TRIPLE points!!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I would hope that Bob would send out some feelers to try to find out how many could make another race later in the season. Before he layed out the big bucks to rent a track for a day that enough people wouldn't show up to recoup his expenses. Especially if this is at a track that nobody has raced at. It's a big risk in my opinion. But that's just my opinion.

And JohhnyB, if it's raining and Mary doesn't come and you need someone to cuddle with, just ask.

Craig

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Johnny, you ought to incorporate that bridge design in your track. BTW, my backyard Mini track is pretty decent now. Need to take some pics.

I'm curious about another race. October is already a full schedule though.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
jeff,

the "extra" race is at your mini track. we'll see you this coming monday (you thought that bob c. would organize it for a saturday?)!

texy

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Jeff, do we have to arrive at a certain time to be allowed into the gate Sunday night? Does this rule only apply to NYC skater dudes? Do you allow open fires, close to drunkerds and large flamable tents?

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
hey jb

this whole thing about mary staying home sounds like a sinister plan to trick frank into going to your house to hang with her while you are racing..... that way you will have the championship in the bag....

hey man... like scott said... if you are lonely ... us outlander/ camping types will snuggle with you, and eat your food, drink your beer etc etc....

matt

latered

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Oh yeah, big wheel races on the mini track. Side car big wheels pay extra. Drunks, Wankers, Strempher fans, homos, piros, etc. are all welcome. Sorry for the redundancy.
Tex bring your thong. We need to get some naked pics of you.
We're going to Aaron's on Tuesday then back to NY to JohhnyBs crash in the woods and die track.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Trying to decide if I go by myself whether to bring the whole rig or just the truck and sleep at the motel.
If I bring the trailer...yeah I'll need company...we don't have a lot of heat in it, and you know... three wankers rubbing their bare skin together is warmer than one wanker alone.

Another consideration is.... if anything unfortunate happens it will be a lot easier to get just my truck home than the whole rig.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cum on . . baker and me are staying in the field . . there will be a nice warm fire too . . . and Baker has a nice big tent for you to "sleep" in.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Extra venues are up in the air so don't worry about it!! Concentrate on what the current schedule is. For the first time EVER, I'm up in the air about racing Fromtier(last points event on the uscra schedule).

JS

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Thanks for the concern........yep it's fixed. A few things went awry at once. it's a 2 stroke thing!!

JS

1 - 20 of 45 Posts