Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting a cafe racer build on a 1974 cb 200 with my son. My handle bar controls are in bad shape. I am looking to replace the entire handle bar controls set up. I want to go all black and and do not need them to be cb 200 parts. I am more into looks and function. I am looking for a good full replacement recommendation. I am willing to rewire everything but am not sure what different parts to put together. Any insight would be appreciated

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Go by the wiring diagram, all it has to do is do the same thing as the wiring diagram details. There is nothing special about a CB200 wiring that would make it require a specific handlebar control set, almost anything that is not special will work.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
We really try to promote proper function first. If your son is young, then learning to do things the right way makes it more likely he'll avoid the nightmares that come with poor choice.

Great bike for a project. What have you got to work with? Pics?

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
These guys are still around?

·
Registered
1979 XS750
134 Posts
I have ordered from their sister company mikesxs and it was “a nice buying experience” as they say. Good customer service and good shipping, I would not hesitate to order again just so I can be sure to avoid junk from ebay haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We really try to promote proper function first. If your son is young, then learning to do things the right way makes it more likely he'll avoid the nightmares that come with poor choice.

Great bike for a project. What have you got to work with? Pics?
Image.jpeg

It did not run when we got it but that has been part of the adventure. I am not sure what to do with your other comments. I do not think it needs to be checked out to be plated. We want it to be street legal and safe regardless though. We are new to this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts