Cafe Racer Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Fuck you too, Hoof.

Gurl's computer isn't the Mac I'm used to. Live by the sword...

Who'd have ever think I'd be put in my place by (of all people) catboy?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Fuck you too, Hoof.

Gurl's computer isn't the Mac I'm used to. Live by the sword...

Who'd have ever think I'd be put in my place by (of all people) catboy?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Gambler

Confederate has some wicked engineering going on with their recent bikes. Cant say I like the result, but I love the ideas.

I never really think of regulations like emission standards and such, that really does explain a lot about where all the marvels of the past have gone.
Since we are on the topic of Confederate, IMHO the heyday of confederate was 2001 to 2005. That is when JT nesbit was actively designing for them. The wraith and the redesigned hellcat were his designs. Anything that confederate is producing now is stuff JT was designing 10 years ago. The new "designer" they have basically is just dressing up what has already been designed, no hard engineering going on there.

but I am biased cuz JT is my buddy.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Gambler

Confederate has some wicked engineering going on with their recent bikes. Cant say I like the result, but I love the ideas.

I never really think of regulations like emission standards and such, that really does explain a lot about where all the marvels of the past have gone.
Since we are on the topic of Confederate, IMHO the heyday of confederate was 2001 to 2005. That is when JT nesbit was actively designing for them. The wraith and the redesigned hellcat were his designs. Anything that confederate is producing now is stuff JT was designing 10 years ago. The new "designer" they have basically is just dressing up what has already been designed, no hard engineering going on there.

but I am biased cuz JT is my buddy.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Back to the posted pics for a moment...
I think it does have an odd squatty proportion but if you look at old "high performance bikes" and especially racers, they all seem kinda low and long when weighed visually against modern bikes.
That being said, while I lust for lust for an HRD Vincent I too would hoon Mr.Li's creation all over and fly the bird to anyone who wants to whine about it.
The guy had a dream and followed up without bilking anyone else outta funds doing so. He owned (owns?) the rights to the marque so he coulda slapped a decal on some build in Cambodia hunk of trash and been well within his rights.......THEN the purists would have something worth gnashing their teeth over.

'hoon' seemed appropriate.....

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Back to the posted pics for a moment...
I think it does have an odd squatty proportion but if you look at old "high performance bikes" and especially racers, they all seem kinda low and long when weighed visually against modern bikes.
That being said, while I lust for lust for an HRD Vincent I too would hoon Mr.Li's creation all over and fly the bird to anyone who wants to whine about it.
The guy had a dream and followed up without bilking anyone else outta funds doing so. He owned (owns?) the rights to the marque so he coulda slapped a decal on some build in Cambodia hunk of trash and been well within his rights.......THEN the purists would have something worth gnashing their teeth over.

'hoon' seemed appropriate.....

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
No shit....
I know nothing about that, any relevant linkage?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
No shit....
I know nothing about that, any relevant linkage?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
here is a lit bit of interesting info for you,

the vincents were designed by James Parker, who designed the GTS1000 yamaha.

By the way, if you haven't figured it out yet, Bernard Li was the owner of Eagle One Car Care Products.

http://memorialwebsites.legacy.com/bernardli/Subpage.aspx?mod=2

Bernard Li (62), founder of Eagle One Car Care Products, tragically passed away Saturday May 3rd as a result of injuries received in a single motorcycle accident on Highway 260, just outside of Springerville Arizona. Springerville is near Eager Arizona, in the Eastern Arizona area. The accident happened at approximately 10:30 Saturday morning. The cause of the accident is unknown and there were no witnesses.

Barney, to his friends, was a life time motorcycle enthusiast and entrepreneur. In addition to his highly successful Eagle One Company, Barney also created Wheels of Fortune Motorcycles, a Yamaha dealership in Carson, California. His dream was to recreate the Vincent Motorcycle brand and he had developed several exciting prototypes of the reincarnated icon.

Mr. Li is survived by his wife Elizabeth, his two sons Justin and Darren, his daughter Nikki and brother Jerry.

Gary Bryson, a long time friend of Barney’s was also on the ride. He said, “We don’t know the cause of the accident, but we do know that he was doing what he loved to do and that’s ride his Motorcycles”. Barney was an experienced rider, having ridden motorcycles since his college days. We may never know what caused this tragedy, but we know he will be missed by his friends and family, as well as his many business associates.

The memorial services for Bernard Li will be held on Thursday, May 8th at the El Camino Memorial and Mortuary. The service will begin at 1:00 and a viewing will be held prior to the service at 12:30.

El Camino Memorial and Mortuary
5600 Carroll Canyon Road
San Diego, CA, 92121

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
here is a lit bit of interesting info for you,

the vincents were designed by James Parker, who designed the GTS1000 yamaha.

By the way, if you haven't figured it out yet, Bernard Li was the owner of Eagle One Car Care Products.

http://memorialwebsites.legacy.com/bernardli/Subpage.aspx?mod=2

Bernard Li (62), founder of Eagle One Car Care Products, tragically passed away Saturday May 3rd as a result of injuries received in a single motorcycle accident on Highway 260, just outside of Springerville Arizona. Springerville is near Eager Arizona, in the Eastern Arizona area. The accident happened at approximately 10:30 Saturday morning. The cause of the accident is unknown and there were no witnesses.

Barney, to his friends, was a life time motorcycle enthusiast and entrepreneur. In addition to his highly successful Eagle One Company, Barney also created Wheels of Fortune Motorcycles, a Yamaha dealership in Carson, California. His dream was to recreate the Vincent Motorcycle brand and he had developed several exciting prototypes of the reincarnated icon.

Mr. Li is survived by his wife Elizabeth, his two sons Justin and Darren, his daughter Nikki and brother Jerry.

Gary Bryson, a long time friend of Barney’s was also on the ride. He said, “We don’t know the cause of the accident, but we do know that he was doing what he loved to do and that’s ride his Motorcycles”. Barney was an experienced rider, having ridden motorcycles since his college days. We may never know what caused this tragedy, but we know he will be missed by his friends and family, as well as his many business associates.

The memorial services for Bernard Li will be held on Thursday, May 8th at the El Camino Memorial and Mortuary. The service will begin at 1:00 and a viewing will be held prior to the service at 12:30.

El Camino Memorial and Mortuary
5600 Carroll Canyon Road
San Diego, CA, 92121

61 - 77 of 77 Posts