Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there's nothing happening around here in May I was thinking of heading to NH to do some racing at the Vintage Celebration. Is it worth the trip from Baltimore?

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i love v.c.! we won't be attending as casey graduates that weekend. she's bummed, i'm bummed.....have fun!

oil on the track is a common concern. i love the cars, bikes, sidecars, and three day weekend.

take lots of pictures!

tex

·
Registered
3,065 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I'm waiting for the last minute to decide. If the weather forecast looks good on Thursday...then I'll head out. I have a good gut feeling about the weather this year...we've had a ton of percipation this winter, and a wet spring so far. I think the sun will bust out big time around the time of the event.
When the weather is nice, it's a cool first event for me...lots of time to tune the bikes between races. And the three day thing is cool.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I need to send in my registration soon, better grid positions too. I really don't want us to lose another date because of lack of participation. I do think that the track conditions are a genuine concern, as they have been and we should all be diligent to monitor and alert race directors to violators. As a former spectator, this was always one of my favorite events to attend due to the variety of machinery, sights and sounds.

Sunny and 70 degrees sounds good, but if it's wet maybe the Wankers can burn a few more tents in the infield to dry things out.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
ya know what-

guys like johnny and rob are right. it's gonna be too oily and too wet and i won't get enough track time and all you guys just want to ride fast then drink beer....yawn. so i'm just gonna stay home and change my oil or just blow on past the track up to EVIL's place and mow his lawn. 'cause the racing always sucks, and the infield always sucks, and the dillweeds bore me and tanner just blows in the morning. so yeah, i'm gonna save myself the hassle and just sit this one out...or maybe i'll go down to casey's graduation and party with the hardcore folks who only let life changing events like marriage and graduation keep them from the track.

so you all have fun at your vintage wussebration-
tt

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I'll be there will bells on if it's nice. And I kind think it will be nice this year.

It's in the 50's here right now...I figure in a month it will be in the 70's.

A little oil doesn't bother me in the dry, you can see it and ride around it.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:Originally posted by monkey

yeah right dude

you are a closet puker.... at least i step it up and puke in public
Tanner
I wouldn't call what you did last year "puking"...more like the dry heaves. I thought the track sweeper hit a goose when i heard you last year... Although I did admire your athletic hurling ability, b/c you immediately asked for a gatoraide, which is what all the good athletes do.

Hey, is Fred still around? If so, bring more wood!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
fred's around...should be there. and i won't miss it even if it's snowing oil flakes and my sister finally gets married.
-parks
ps come on ttim.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yeah tim I'm with you! We can meet up and drive together on our wuss race bike's to Casey's graduation and live it up real hardcore!

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
what makes you think your gonna get invited to her graduation?

tex

1 - 20 of 47 Posts