Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so . . . no chatter about the director's email . . . . . no thoughts about the races 2 weeks away . . .? Is any one going? I am looking forward to it . . . . two or three days away from it all . . .

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
what did he say that was any news? did he mention what the track configuration was going to be like? did he mention if you could sleep in a van by your garage? he did say trailers had to be out of the garage area. race areas are closed by 10. did he mention that you can't work on your bike late into the night if shit happens? three weeks ago we were promised information in a day or two.
I'm in a shitty mood after reading: http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/story.asp?id=829.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is my second year here and see last year was no fluke. The information comes out like a rusty ol' leaky faucet, slow and not very clear.
I guess I'll do what I did last year, show up, cross my fingers and see which way the wind blows. Sorry for bitchin'. But I'm also psyched to get racing!!! I've been wating all fall and winter - seems like forever. I'm ready to go.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Champ, you know these aren't personal attacks. There's a lot of changes going on, and people are worried because there's no info from either the USCRA or the track about what's going on.

Let me know if you want me to post anything on the website.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Champ,

Unga's got it exactly correct. Just let us know what you know. Two weeks to go and even the worst construction project manager would have to know if turn 1 and 1a is going to be torn up that weekend. They're diggig a ditch not building a rocket.

Craig

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
EVIL-

yeah, but not soley in protest of the flux at NHmS. under the best of circumstances i couldn't get there till late friday night so i'd miss a practice and i'd be unable to get to the garages. i'm not sure my current mixed-junk motor will finish the weekend and i don't want to spend the time and money just to drive up, later my engine on a warmup lap and spend the rest of the weekend dodging construction vehicles. if i knew the motor was stong i'd probably have made it happen but i can't spend the cash and time to travel up there with an iffy machine. then i have to host a tour at work first thing monday morning. so i'm just gonna tuck my tail, stay home and do a couple freelance jobs so i'm ready for the rest of the season. that and i need to sort my machine.

basically, it was gonna be a real effort to make the VC to begin with and the construction/access issues just broke my back.

-tt

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'll be there. Chicane, a little dirt section, I don't care.
Winter is too long around here.
Champ - nice Dave Roper pass on 93 Tuesday. For a second there
I thought things were going to get serious, then I saw the license
plate + the fist through the sunroof.... dammit STREMPHER

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'll be there if I can convince Craig to go! he's in a bad mood lately, he's go to buy a dirt bike and start hitting the trails to clear his head.

Remember folks, this is John's first time as a race-director... its a tough job with limited support, give him a chance.

Also there will be a new riders school all day on friday, classroom in the AM, practice in the PM on friday, so if you know someone interested in getting started in vintage racing, have them get in touch. It will be small and have very personalized instruction!

Peace
karl

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
As much as I would like to rip on Champ. He's been dealt a tough hand this event. First event of the year, new rules, new classes, track construction, typical may weather issues, dealing with the fact that it's a track run event etc.

But...think about it....it's only fitting that he should get such an event :)
JohnnyB

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Yeah, don't sell Champ short...

thank you, I'll be here all weekend
don't forget to tip your waitress's

·
Registered
53 Posts
JB
I think he was busy on his house.
There was a short circuit in the wiring.
I called him yesterday but he said he had too keep it short,
supper was ready.
He may have been a little short sighted, taking on this job.
all i got Joe

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'll be there. Definitely need to get out and race. I saw the track last weekend. I will take a little inconvenience to see all of you guys....well most of you:)

Basically everything to your left when you come out of the tunnel is torn up. I can't wait to see it done and not get eaten by bugs at the July event.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
quote:Unga's got it exactly correct. Just let us know what you know
yous all will know when i know. no sense in sayin' sumpin that isnt true or not known.

craig, buddy, go curl one off......sheesh!!! you'll feel better!!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Saw the track Monday. Indeed, some major earthwork is currently in process. It shouldn't affect us too much.
I'm in and for a change, not slummin down in Turn 1. Garages!
Signed up for 500 GP, Open GP, and Eurocup.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts