Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
In case you haven't heard, NHMS is going to keep Turns 1 and 1A intact through the upcoming LRRS event. On Monday, however, they will be tearing them up to install the drainage pipes.
Your dilemma is that Eric Wood won't be needed to design an appropriate chicane for the modern bikes, (Which we could have used afterwards.) therefore leaving it up to you to come up with something suitable for the vintage bikes during the Vintage Celebration.

Johnny B. (the other one) ® - Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy."

Well, this should be interesting . . . I wonder how we get from the straight back to turn two?

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
In case you haven't heard, NHMS is going to keep Turns 1 and 1A intact through the upcoming LRRS event. On Monday, however, they will be tearing them up to install the drainage pipes.
Your dilemma is that Eric Wood won't be needed to design an appropriate chicane for the modern bikes, (Which we could have used afterwards.) therefore leaving it up to you to come up with something suitable for the vintage bikes during the Vintage Celebration.

Johnny B. (the other one) ® - Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy."

Well, this should be interesting . . . I wonder how we get from the straight back to turn two?

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
yous all will know when i know. no sense in sayin' sumpin that isnt true or not known.

craig, buddy, go curl one off......sheesh!!! you'll feel better!!!

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
yous all will know when i know. no sense in sayin' sumpin that isnt true or not known.

craig, buddy, go curl one off......sheesh!!! you'll feel better!!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I hope if we run the Nascar t1 & t2 that we have some sort of chicane to slow the speeds down, otherwise the wall is going to be very close at high speeds.

No pressure Champ.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I hope if we run the Nascar t1 & t2 that we have some sort of chicane to slow the speeds down, otherwise the wall is going to be very close at high speeds.

No pressure Champ.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
tt,

The potential problem with using airfence to line the NASCAR turn 1 and 2 is that this weekend is also the vintage cars. Using the cars and airfence together doesn't mix. If a car spins and contacts that fence it's ruined. I suppose you could move the airfence each time the track switches from cars to bikes. Think there's enough volunteers to do that in a timely manor?

Champ - they're starting to call you other things.

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
tt,

The potential problem with using airfence to line the NASCAR turn 1 and 2 is that this weekend is also the vintage cars. Using the cars and airfence together doesn't mix. If a car spins and contacts that fence it's ruined. I suppose you could move the airfence each time the track switches from cars to bikes. Think there's enough volunteers to do that in a timely manor?

Champ - they're starting to call you other things.

Craig

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
good point craig...what have they done with the AF in the past when the cars were running...like in T2. did they just skip the AF?

'think i'll just zip it for now since i'm not going to NHmS 'till June.

-tt

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
good point craig...what have they done with the AF in the past when the cars were running...like in T2. did they just skip the AF?

'think i'll just zip it for now since i'm not going to NHmS 'till June.

-tt

21 - 40 of 146 Posts