Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this company in Italy (http://www.motocicliveloci.it) that are repopping all the Ceriani products, but you gotta have rally deep pockets for this stuff. These 230mm front drums are $2500+.

The Ceriani 35mm forks like mine that I gave a $150 new for are now $1200 just for the forks without the trees.
They now make a modernized version with sealed cartridge hydraulics with adjustable preload and damping for $2671.50

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Geeto - Weren't the 1972 GT550 and GT750 forks internally similar or even copies of the Cerianis? Wouldn't be exactly right but close enough to get the Kawi race bike back together for a lot less money.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They came in 180mm and 230mm and neither has provision for speed drive. I'm betting Geeto doesn't have the drum with those forks, am I wrong?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I wonder what their annual volume is? Cant be many units....

·
Registered
965 Posts
I've been drooling over the fun stuff at motoveloci for years now. Sure their prices are high but: 1) it's Europe so high prices are to be expected 2) they sell what is today considered very specialized stuff so small volume, less economy of scale is to be expected and 3) European racers have deeper pockets than most USA racers and many racing club rules require certain period parts for eligibility and then certain parts are required to be competitive so it costs what it costs. We should be happy there's even an option, albeit pricey. I feel like long gone are the days where you can get this stuff used at a bargain price and in good enough shape to race on. Much better to get a modern aluminum replica drum brake than a questionable 40 year old Mg original.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
They came in 180mm and 230mm and neither has provision for speed drive. I'm betting Geeto doesn't have the drum with those forks, am I wrong?

You are right Marc, I no longer have a GT750 drum and haven't had one in years. My GT forks are disc setup. I only have my big grimeca 4ls.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Who mentioned that I have a complete GT550 4LS front end that I can't work out whether to fit it on a CB77 race bike or just sell it and make some quick cash.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts