Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any fans out there.

I just went to the Sonoma Wine Country Classic at Infineon Raceway for the 6th straight year, and it's one of my fav. race events of the year....i Just need to make it to Monterey for the big boy show.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah I love the classics as well. There's a great meeting near me at Philip Island which I try to go to every year. Thanks for posting photos of the 'Birdcage'. It looks like the one Nick Mason owns and is written up in "Into the Red". I'd look but I've lent the book to a friend.

Cheers, Scott

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing beats the sounds of the old race cars. Don't get me wrong, modern race engines are pretty damn cool, but there is something about these cars and their purest sense.

You almost expect a modern race car to be fast as hell, but with the classics, it was a true test of engineering.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Saw a program with Nick Mason last night. He was saying he bought a 1 1/2 liter Birdcage and the restoration was going too slow so he went and bought a 2 liter race ready Bircage! I knew buying all those Pink Floyd albums was for a good reason!

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those of us "out east" there's the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix in July. They set up a street course thru Shenley Park - that is some good stuff. Not a lot of GTP machines, but a good mix of classes from sedans to old F-1. Makes for a nice weekend. (And the local bike club is heavily involved, too.)

Ride well-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts