Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which bike would you buy, put in storage or start safety wiring now to go vintage racing in 2035?

I want that new Monster Duc.

scott

Edited by - imslow on Jan 10 2006 9:04:21 PM

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
id only crash it as badly then as id crash it now. ill sick with my 350 honda.

jc

·
Registered
655 Posts
Man I really like those new monsters too. I just read about the S2R, which still looks cool but has the 2 valve motor instead of the 4 valve superbike motor. With lower HP numbers comes a lower price tag too, naturally.
I'm with you Gardner, I can't decide either. I want to race one of those two bikes next year. but Aaron said I have to prove myself on this first...

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
That looks very much like the generic version of the Harley "Shortster" a 65cc mini made by someone and sold by Harley in the early 70's.

Anyway...having owned both 2 and 4 valve Ducs....well..those 2 valve Ducs have some real grunt down low, makes them a lot more fun to ride irresponsibly on the street.
I had an ST2 that would consistantly loft the front wheel coming out of a corner near my house whereas the 4 valve Duc and the RC51 you had to really be in the throttle with the r's up to do that.
JohnnyB

PS. I'll be maggot lunch in 2035....I'll race you to heaven.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
RS125 on my way to visit Branson. I'll be 61 and Zack will finally be old enough to buy beer.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
looks like a benelli buzzer too!

fuck, i'll be seventy.

tex

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Anybody else like the word "fucktard" ?

Kinda off topic...but I like the word...I'm going to use it more often...you fucktards.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
fucktards is probably the best skate movie ever. jb .. you are right . these guys... including myself are a bunch of fucktards.

matt

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey zack, the S2R is the one I want. Do you know if that model is going to be brought into the US? Read the article in BIKE magazine. Gonna find out if MM has one this summer.

I'll be 70 . . . about what Frank is now.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i really like the word SHITBIRD!

as in, "the guy on the corner is a FUCKTARD, but his wife is a SHITBIRD".

tex

·
Registered
655 Posts
quote:
hey zack, the S2R is the one I want. Do you know if that model is going to be brought into the US? Read the article in BIKE magazine. Gonna find out if MM has one this summer.
I believe it is. It seems likely that they will produce more S2Rs than the S4R model, just because it's more reasonably priced. Definitely seems like the one to get, with the nice chassis and the solid motor. 150hp monster would be cool though, definitely enough power to live up to it's name.

Z

ps - will you be letting people take rides on said S2R?

·
Registered
504 Posts
quote:

I'll be 70 . . . about what Frank is now.
Not for another 3 years....I'll be 96 in 2035 and if I'm still here, I'll still be beating JB. ;)

FC

1 - 20 of 21 Posts