Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
That's kind of funny. I was at borders the other day flipping through The Horse and ran across this bike in the readers rides section.
http://www.caferacer.net/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5091

Kind of ironic that a good friend of mine had some artwork in one of the hot rod mags and there was an article about the spec fuel at Loudon in LRRS last season in Roadracing World, no Zack pics though. If I picked up Iron Horse that would have been four mags.

JD

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The Horse also did a piece a year or so ago about the Cafe scene in London during the 50's and 60's to present. The Ace Cafe, racing on the North Circular, Mods and Rockers, the music, the whole bit. Had a pic of a gorgeous Triton cafe (in a "chopper" mag?), with the caption "who wouldn't mind throwing a leg over this beauty". I like the Horse and buy it once in a while for a change of pace; different ideas and interpretations. They seem to be much more open minded, cool is cool. No one style of bike, or the guys that build them have a monopoly on cool. In this day and age of marketing, media factions, and our need to label everything to the nth degree, nice to somebody keeping it about bikes, not bullshit.

Cheers- Leo

ps- didn't mean to turn this post into an editorial, just happens sometimes

·
Registered
97 Posts
My BSA chopper will be in the next issue of the Horse. Todd from Iron Horse emailed me about my Triton, they want to print an article when the build is done.

·
Registered
57 Posts
rosko congrats.
its a good feeling when your stuff makes it in a mag.i just read the issue a few days before this post.when the mag first came out it was real good.it seems to be headed to a more higher end chopper mag.it still some cool bikes .cb350 racer and the bare metal Norton with hidden rear shock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts