Cafe Racer Forum banner

vintage track day at blackhawk farms

2K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  kenessex 
#1 ·
5/12, in northern il/southern wi. contact me for links.

#2 ·
I went a couple of years ago. It was a good time and really let me work on my bike. I recommend it if you are in the area.

Ken

#4 ·
Ratty-550,
You ought to see if you can make it. It isn't too far away from you and it is a really good track for a racer school and a vintage bike. If I was going to be around, I would be there.

Ken

#6 ·
quote:Originally posted by kenessex

Ratty-550,
You ought to see if you can make it. It isn't too far away from you and it is a really good track for a racer school and a vintage bike. If I was going to be around, I would be there.

Ken
Ken,
Think I'll try to make it. If not I've got a buddy that just moved to Dubuque. He told me yesterday he's planning on doing some racing at Blackhawk this year, so I'll be up there with him some if I don't make it 5/12.

#7 ·
Ratty,
Depending on how the budget is going to look this year,I am planning on running the FZ in some CCS events at Blackhawk this year, too.
Ken

#15 ·
the track day was awesome. 25 vintage bikes showed up. the session was filled with mostly street bike newbies, but there were 4 vin heavy, 2 formula vintage, 2 sportsman 350, and 3 superbike middleweight ahrma bikes. i'm sad to hear that nobody from here could make it. see yall at r.a.

#17 ·
christopher is getting more and more confidant and faster. he was able to follow me through a bunch of corners but wouldn't be able to keep up in the tight stuff and straights. i had a hard time passing him in the sweepers. lots of fun. he needs to convince savanah to let him race a bit.

#18 ·
the 350 definitely falls in better than the 550. and with the drive you gain, i can see that. plus hp to weight, i thin they are similar. what he nees to do is get off his ass and build one of those rds! or sell the rds and build a cb. i dont think its a savanah thing so,e much as it is other stuff. and now he has so many bikes. he needs to ditch the beemer, and build the rds. he'll have so much fun racing, he wont need or want to street ride anymore!

jc

#21 ·
Hi Scott,
Glad everybody had a good time. Wish I could have been there. I am sitting in the Anchorage airport waiting on the flight to Minneapolis. I will be back to my bikes tomorrow getting them ready for Road America. See you all there.

Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.