Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ne one know where a guy can pick one of these up for a farly reasonable price other than ebay?? i hate ordering shit off of there. i need one that is capable of cutting bike decals and maybe smaller window decals, but thats about it don't need ne thing huge by ne means

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
ne 1 duin less dan a load of vinyal 'll spend more $ on doing it demselves dan getting his/her local sign shoppe to run duh stuff 4 'em.
-parks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
odviously im not doing just a set or 2 of decals, i am an auto body tech, i fix and spray bikes for side jobs out of my garage for some spare spending money, and i went through all the #s and i have about as much in to decals as it would have costed me to buy a machine, and honestly i am sick of going to the guy i have cut them for me and burning up his and my time when i could do it my self

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i know a little bit about it. the plotter is the inexpensive part. the software, new, can run upwards of 5k. also, remember, every color is another roll. and you want to go with at least a 24" plotter. i have a disk of software, you can have it, but its locked. and i dont have the p/n number anymore. (lost it) so.....if you knw someone who knows how to get into this thing. ive tried a few hacks, but none have worked.

jc

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks man, thats realy good to know, most of the plotters i have been looking at come as pakage deals, and yeah i am looking for a 24" there is a local supplier that is realy good about vinyal role prices, its just to the point where it would be a good investment for me 2 bite the bullet and buy my own.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I've got both a 30" and a great huge friggin' 72" brute.
As stated, machine cost is pretty low really, the big'un ran something like $4k and for 'good....not great' software I'm up at around $3.5k.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts