Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guys still have 4 days to get your bikes together. youre going to miss a near perfect weekend for racing!!!

70 an sunny for open practice! are you effin kidding me??!!

jc

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 65.

Thursday Night: Clear, with a low around 42.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 71.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 46.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.

Sunday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So hold up...who's not going? Clany...yer goign but not racing? Tex is going right? What's he riding? I heard some folks were backing out. So many questions.

I'm headed down Thursday morning with Andrew and Yukio, frantically working all this week on getting my bike together. It's got a PPG make over and I gotta track down a 428 chain by tomorrow or I'm screwed. Can't wait...never been to VIR before.

See you there!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im busting my ass to get paid on this job. if that happenes, im racing baby! ill be there either way. tex is in. on the orange clunker. bucky sextons there. my budy bill. seems like some of the maine crew will be in. looking forward to seeing you again whatevs. cant wait to see the monster duc out there. vir is awesome!

if theres anything you need, drop me a note.

joe

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
josie-

got the pipe from chris late this evening. thanks for all the help on your end. it's mounted and the bike started...right side is bogging mid-throttle, went through the carbs, kinda sticky slide, re-cleaned everthing but it's too late and sleeting to go bump it on the road again tonight. i've stared a race weekend with worse.

see ya friday
-tt

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tim, good luck. buckys carb issues are sorted on hs beemer. my bike runs. now i gotta do some accounts receivable!! bills bike is still getting worked on. but it shold be there. made spacers for the brake tonight, tomorrow will install. then check the gas issue we seem to be having. but it started and ran strong for the few minutes it ran. also need to flip his front tire. he should be ready though.

looking forward to it!

jc

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
In Maine It's snowing . . . and freezing rain . . . and it sux. BUT WE"RE GOING TO RACE AT VIR Where it'll be in the high 60s and you're not. We'll send photos. Especially for Champ.

Evil Lonewolf and Unga.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
i'm leavin' NYC by noon tomorrow. then i'm gonna follow tex's replica hide until it counts and run with baker as long as possible. josie's gotta show me something goin' down the hill. i dreamn't i was running with ghetto last night.

sleep is over, spring racin' is here.

-tt

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Sweet. Van is packed to meet Evil and Lonewolf. Getting the TZ out of the basement and through the yard was interesting. Remembered that I should drain the water (right after i filled it) because it'll freeze tonight.

My Dad and brother might show up friday and camp with us.

BTW, I'm a nutjob. The plan is to wake up early friday morning and go for a jog around the track. Figured it would be a good way to learn it. Anyone else that wants to join me, pack a pair of running shoes.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
rosko-

get off weather.com and garner some support from the family. if i hear any conflict when i call at nineAM, i'm reweighting the mazdarati and headin' south solo. don't leave me hangin'.

missin'U
-tt

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
jc-

you're sounding kinda mamby-pamby too...i'm racin' with baker and tex and if you thrashers have to witness it all on mylaps instead of throwin' your wheels in...then so be it. my "hauler" is loaded, i'm drinkin' what's here, i'm off tomorrow and i'm racin' this weekend.

you'd best show,nobody flakes-
tt

1 - 20 of 30 Posts