Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aaron phinney, you goin to vir still??? help me defend my 3rd place 500gp standing???

i hope youre planning on going still.

jc

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I'm out and possibly may be out for the rest of the season.

Aaron

Edited by - aaron on Aug 09 2004 9:15:29 PM

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you were out way before now. and john stremphers ducati needs to be rebuilt. is jeremy needing more "me" time?? listen, i think you have my video with the lap around nhis on the sidecr rig. if you still have it, id still like it back at some point. hopefully soon. drop me an email.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep. that was funny.

you can bring it to vir when you come.

jc

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I'm definately doing the next USCRA event and the next Summit Event. If I can get the forks figured out I may go to VIR. I'm still working on the forks. Branson helped me build quite a rocket ship and the bike now stops well. It just doesn't go around corners very well and it takes the fun out away trips when your not sure what the bike is going to do.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Aaron,
Check your arms and legs to make sure they are the same length on both sides. Or maybe someone stole your right kidney, lung and nut.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
My left arm is an inch longer than my right and my left nut is the size of a grape fruit and weighs in at 14lbs.

Aaron

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe i can donate my equally as large parts in some kind of freakish transplant surgery.

jc

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Yea and JD can donate his head. Then Aaron you should be competitive.Your bike doesn't go so you might as well be made up of fast people. Well, don't take any of Joe's donations!!!!

Champ

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, he may not get any fast parts from me, but he certainly wont be getting any good looking ones from you! see, love you too.

:p

jc

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Joe that was pretty funny.

Mr. Socks I could have bought a Ducati and had pros sort it as well, but I feel the learning curve, the frustration, and the anger that I get to take out on Joe is totally worth building my own bike.

By the way my bike goes, it just doesn't go around corners. As Parker says... (swill, swill) "Ahh (slur)... its all bout corner speed, that guy sucks".

Aaron

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeow! that was funny. you must be trying to alienate him again.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey arron, i hope youre still planning on making vir. i need help slowing down tex.

jc

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I guess you guy s won't see this, but it's f-in pouring in Maine. So, if it's raining in Virginia, too, you kids be careful...

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
aaron, get the bsa back together. if you like technical tracks, this is for you baby. holy shit. i think it was intentionally designed to mess with your head. corners you should be going fast in, you dont, and corners you should be going slow in, youre not. the blind rises are a thrill. flicking from one side to the other at the top of the roller coaster hill can get your bike lite, and it feels so weird. chris says the 125 gets really weird there. i got in 2 full 10 min practices. the bike was running ok. not great. the first practice was a disaster. i was all over the place. over shooting slow corners and going way too slow in the fast ones. every corner is different and every corner lures you into some kind of false sense. its really weird. i entered v1 and 500gp. and can i first say there was only one wet race all day. the v1 race started dry. at the end of the warm up lap, some rain started to appear on my visor. by lap 2, it was a complete downpour on one side of the track and a drizzle on the other. by lap 4, it was pouring everywhere. by lap 6, it had stopped, and the sun was back out. the track was like an ice skating rink. i was going so slow. all i wanted to do was finish. at one point, all of the road surface was covered with a dense layer of steam. really weird. i finished last in v1. in 500 i got 3rd. my bike totally lost a cyl, on and off, for most of the 500 race. but it was still fun. chris got 2, 2nds and a 3rd. he entered superbike b on the 125, and they denied his entry he also ran heavyweight expert i think. he was rear of the pack, but did manage to pass a few guys. one guy, he and another rider passed, on an rc51 had a huge high side and was life flighted out. they chopper was there for 45mins before it left. but he did survive the flight out to the med center. the track is so much more difficult than i could have ever imagined. but its just fantastic. a real challange.

jd, happy birthday. you know, youre going to start growing hair in places it wasnt. your voice will probably be changing too. but dont worry, ite perfectly normal.

jc

1 - 20 of 21 Posts