Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I'm working on my cb450 71 cafe racer project.

Here's my setup:

2-2 Almost straight muffler
Pod air filder
Head ported and polished

I was planning to buy a set of Mikuni VM32 but I was wondering if someone her already have them on cb450 and what is the actual jetting that you're using?!?

Thanks!!!

BTW anywhere to find intake manifold for cb450 71? I know someone post it for a 65 but what about 71? Someone got an idea?

Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by davidw

So far, the best selection of manifolds I have found online are at:

http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/products-manifolds.html

There isn't a perfect one there for my application, and I still have an email to them unanswered about costs, but that's as far as I've gotten on the subject.

Good luck!
Ok have you ordered one yet? Can I use the stock one?

·
Registered
16 Posts
quote:Originally posted by joevirus563

quote:Originally posted by davidw

So far, the best selection of manifolds I have found online are at:

http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/products-manifolds.html

There isn't a perfect one there for my application, and I still have an email to them unanswered about costs, but that's as far as I've gotten on the subject.

Good luck!
Ok have you ordered one yet? Can I use the stock one?
I have not ordered one, yet. Like I said above, I'm still waiting to hear back from them about costs.

As far as using the stock one, I am not able to use my stock manifold. I'm not sure if you can, though. My manifold is just too different from the mikuni for me to feel good about using it. As long as allensperformance.com.uk is reasonable with it's prices (shipping from the UK might not make it worth it), I'll buy and try one of theirs. I'll let you know how it goes if I do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found some mikuni manifold at jcwitney.!! I'll drill some other hole for the screw as the bolt pattern is not right... a few mm off. As for your jetting? Are you jet correctly yet?

·
Registered
16 Posts

I found some mikuni manifold at jcwitney.!! I'll drill some other hole for the screw as the bolt pattern is not right... a few mm off. As for your jetting? Are you jet correctly yet?
The bolt hole dimension is 5 mm off for my application...and that's the *only* dimension they give! No thanks.

My mikunis came pre-jetted for street use from Buff Harsh. With no workable flange, I haven't put them on yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts

The bolt hole dimension is 5 mm off for my application...and that's the *only* dimension they give! No thanks.

My mikunis came pre-jetted for street use from Buff Harsh. With no workable flange, I haven't put them on yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts