Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you can do:

AHRMA Members, contact your trustees and tell them how you feel. Ask questions. Get involved. Don't know who your trustees are? Go to

http://www.ahrma.org/Committees.htm#trustees

Trustee email addresses and phone numbers are listed, contact them and tell them how you feel. Keep in mind that the trustees are aware of the situation and I am confident that they are doing what they can to sort this out.

AMA Members, contact the AMA and tell them that AHRMA racing is an important part of your VMD experience. Get in touch with your AMA representative and tell them how you feel.

http://www.amadirectlink.com/whatis/trustees.asp

And don't let the AMA tell you that racing will still be happening. Watching clubs do parade laps ain't racing, and whatever last-minute hodgepodge they throw together won't have anywhere near the depth and breadth of what AHRMA does.

VMD Attendees, contact Mid-Ohio and tell them that going to VMD won't be the same if AHRMA isn't racing there.

Truesports Inc.
545 Metro Place South, # 400
Dublin, OH 43017
(614) 793-4600

IMPORTANT: In all of your communications you need to emphasize how long you have been attending VMD, how long you have been a member of the AMA or AHRMA, be polite, and be sure to request a response.

I honestly don't know if any of this will make a difference but I am fairly confident that AHRMA will have a difficult time surviving without the revenue VMD generates. If you can spare the time and effort to help out I would be in your debt.

Thanks for your time.

more discussion here: http://vintagebikeracing.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=352

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
VMD is going to be a flop without AHRMA
Jeff Smith just needs to go...

Mid-O is off my schedule with all of theis BS going on, going to Mosport instead.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
VMD is going to be a flop without AHRMA
Jeff Smith just needs to go...

Mid-O is off my schedule with all of theis BS going on, going to Mosport instead.

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Wow...AHRMA is not going to make any friends in other vintage clubs with a post like that. Almost a direct insult to USCRA Road Racing. If the facts are straight....I don't see any way out...Iannucci will get whatever he wants....AHRMA should have thought about things before they pissed off an Italian lawyer :)
JohnnyB

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Wow...AHRMA is not going to make any friends in other vintage clubs with a post like that. Almost a direct insult to USCRA Road Racing. If the facts are straight....I don't see any way out...Iannucci will get whatever he wants....AHRMA should have thought about things before they pissed off an Italian lawyer :)
JohnnyB

·
Registered
382 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jbranson

Wow...AHRMA is not going to make any friends in other vintage clubs with a post like that. Almost a direct insult to USCRA Road Racing...
JohnnyB
Johnny
what exactly do you see that is insulting to other vintage orgs about this? I have been thinking something similar myself, but so far no one else has expressed it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jbranson

Wow...AHRMA is not going to make any friends in other vintage clubs with a post like that. Almost a direct insult to USCRA Road Racing...
JohnnyB
Johnny
what exactly do you see that is insulting to other vintage orgs about this? I have been thinking something similar myself, but so far no one else has expressed it.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
And don't let the AMA tell you that racing will still be happening. Watching clubs do parade laps ain't racing, and whatever last-minute hodgepodge they throw together won't have anywhere near the depth and breadth of what AHRMA does.

That paragraph might go a ways towards pissing off other vintage orgs. To make a statement that other people can't do things as good as AHRMA does isn't much of a compliment based on how well AHRMA has seemed to be doing things the past few years. Might not be a bad time to let somebody else step up and see if it can be done with less crap. I've race Mid-Ohio several times and last year almost made me give up on it for good. Too much bullshit for too little track time.

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts

That paragraph might go a ways towards pissing off other vintage orgs. To make a statement that other people can't do things as good as AHRMA does isn't much of a compliment based on how well AHRMA has seemed to be doing things the past few years. Might not be a bad time to let somebody else step up and see if it can be done with less crap. I've race Mid-Ohio several times and last year almost made me give up on it for good. Too much bullshit for too little track time.

Craig

·
Registered
382 Posts
quote:Originally posted by craig641

Craig
Jam & Craig,
That's pretty much what I was thinking. I don't see why AMA can't have another vintage group run VMD, and open it ALL vintage racers w/AMA memberships, much as the Grand Championship race is done. I loved racing at Mid-O, but like Daytona it's too expensive and too much BS to do regularly when there are so many other venues that offer a waaay higher fun-to-bullshit ratio.

As to parade laps, that's a joke. I've found the exclusively AHRMA riders to be in more of a parade mode than the racers who race in a variety of organizations. Many of the members seem to attend the races to admire the bikes (which are very cool) or worship their heros (also very cool), rather than see good racing. Oh, and the quality of bikes and heros to worship has definitely gone down since Jeff S. kicked Ianucci out.

Question for AHRMA, "Can we survive w/o VMD revenues?" i.e. can we afford not to let Ianucci back in?

Questions for AMA are, "will the exclusively AHRMA riders boycott the event or will they go where the racing is?" In the past, AHRMA riders showed up in force for a combined WERA/AHRMA Spring Classic at JGPR...but only when WERA ran on day1 and AHRMA on day2 (more set-up/practice time for their points-paying events). The following year AHRMA ran day1, with big combined turnouts and then most AHRMA only racers left, skipping WERA on day 2 (more wear & tear, no more AHRMA points to be had).

·
Registered
382 Posts
quote:Originally posted by craig641

Craig
Jam & Craig,
That's pretty much what I was thinking. I don't see why AMA can't have another vintage group run VMD, and open it ALL vintage racers w/AMA memberships, much as the Grand Championship race is done. I loved racing at Mid-O, but like Daytona it's too expensive and too much BS to do regularly when there are so many other venues that offer a waaay higher fun-to-bullshit ratio.

As to parade laps, that's a joke. I've found the exclusively AHRMA riders to be in more of a parade mode than the racers who race in a variety of organizations. Many of the members seem to attend the races to admire the bikes (which are very cool) or worship their heros (also very cool), rather than see good racing. Oh, and the quality of bikes and heros to worship has definitely gone down since Jeff S. kicked Ianucci out.

Question for AHRMA, "Can we survive w/o VMD revenues?" i.e. can we afford not to let Ianucci back in?

Questions for AMA are, "will the exclusively AHRMA riders boycott the event or will they go where the racing is?" In the past, AHRMA riders showed up in force for a combined WERA/AHRMA Spring Classic at JGPR...but only when WERA ran on day1 and AHRMA on day2 (more set-up/practice time for their points-paying events). The following year AHRMA ran day1, with big combined turnouts and then most AHRMA only racers left, skipping WERA on day 2 (more wear & tear, no more AHRMA points to be had).

·
Registered
725 Posts
Eric, what offended me (as an official of USCRA) is that the original message claims that AHRMA is the be all and end all of vintage racing. Indeed it covers all the disciplines which is admirable, but did they establish vintage racing in north america? (no VRRA and USCRA predate them), did they establish 50cc vintage racing in north america?, no USCRA did (and spread it to VRRA and AMCRA) did they establish sidecar racing?, no USCRA did and spread it to VRRA and AHRMA, did they establish vintage superbike racing (no USCRA and WERA did). USCRA is a local club, but with a very long history of innovation and influence.

I hope the AMA / AHRMA spat is resolved in the best interest of the SPORT and riders and not people's egos (Jeff Smith, Ianucci, AMA board, AHRMA board).

Peace
Karl

·
Registered
725 Posts
Eric, what offended me (as an official of USCRA) is that the original message claims that AHRMA is the be all and end all of vintage racing. Indeed it covers all the disciplines which is admirable, but did they establish vintage racing in north america? (no VRRA and USCRA predate them), did they establish 50cc vintage racing in north america?, no USCRA did (and spread it to VRRA and AMCRA) did they establish sidecar racing?, no USCRA did and spread it to VRRA and AHRMA, did they establish vintage superbike racing (no USCRA and WERA did). USCRA is a local club, but with a very long history of innovation and influence.

I hope the AMA / AHRMA spat is resolved in the best interest of the SPORT and riders and not people's egos (Jeff Smith, Ianucci, AMA board, AHRMA board).

Peace
Karl

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
And this statement pissed me off.

"There definitely isn't anyone that offers anything like AHRMA's roadracing program which covers all classes from the 1930's onward."

Everyone knows I'm as hard on the USCRA as I am on any other club. But that statement just isn't true. The USCRA offers things that AHRMA doesn't too. I think it's this kind of attitude that has gotten AHRMA involved in this whole mess anyway.

I mean I can call my sister a whore....but I don't want anyone else doing it!
JohnnyB

And another thing.....it's worse than an insult...it's a total dismissal of the USCRA existance.

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
And this statement pissed me off.

"There definitely isn't anyone that offers anything like AHRMA's roadracing program which covers all classes from the 1930's onward."

Everyone knows I'm as hard on the USCRA as I am on any other club. But that statement just isn't true. The USCRA offers things that AHRMA doesn't too. I think it's this kind of attitude that has gotten AHRMA involved in this whole mess anyway.

I mean I can call my sister a whore....but I don't want anyone else doing it!
JohnnyB

And another thing.....it's worse than an insult...it's a total dismissal of the USCRA existance.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Both clubs have a lot of overlap. But both also have classes that the other doesn't as well. AHRMA is a club in that each member does have a say in how things are run since they each can vote for a trustee in their region that hopefully will listen to what the members want. The USCRA is an organization that is led by one guy with a lot of help from others. Which one works better?

And I've never met your sister. Is she hot?

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Both clubs have a lot of overlap. But both also have classes that the other doesn't as well. AHRMA is a club in that each member does have a say in how things are run since they each can vote for a trustee in their region that hopefully will listen to what the members want. The USCRA is an organization that is led by one guy with a lot of help from others. Which one works better?

And I've never met your sister. Is she hot?

Craig

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
She's a whore. j/k Johnny

AHRMA Road racers don't seem to get what they want anyways dispite a voting process. Same old guard. Egos are killing that club.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts