Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
She's a whore. j/k Johnny

AHRMA Road racers don't seem to get what they want anyways dispite a voting process. Same old guard. Egos are killing that club.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i dunno....john lawless raced his 39 (?) norton manx with wera last year. i know there is space for it with the uscra. i know you can a 50 in the mini class with wera. and wera does have sidecar rules. but i have never seen or heard of a race. seems the only thing wera is really missing is a sub 350cc class. which we all miss.

seems they all have a place to race a vintage bike. ahrma definitely has the market cornered for off road/dirt stuff.

too bad, but i dont see it going off. seems like its too late, and schedules are made already. at least for the other real clubs. uscra cant. wera cant at this point. plus imagine the mess with scoring and licensing and everything else but what an oppertunity for one of these clubs eh??

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i dunno....john lawless raced his 39 (?) norton manx with wera last year. i know there is space for it with the uscra. i know you can a 50 in the mini class with wera. and wera does have sidecar rules. but i have never seen or heard of a race. seems the only thing wera is really missing is a sub 350cc class. which we all miss.

seems they all have a place to race a vintage bike. ahrma definitely has the market cornered for off road/dirt stuff.

too bad, but i dont see it going off. seems like its too late, and schedules are made already. at least for the other real clubs. uscra cant. wera cant at this point. plus imagine the mess with scoring and licensing and everything else but what an oppertunity for one of these clubs eh??

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
The thing is Joe, AHRMA doesn't have the market even close to cornered for the off road MX stuff. Maybe vintage flat track but not MX. At least on a regional basis. There's tons of places that have vintage MX races that don't want to deal with AHRMA and their rules. The big rule being no kids under 16 racing in AHRMA.

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
The thing is Joe, AHRMA doesn't have the market even close to cornered for the off road MX stuff. Maybe vintage flat track but not MX. At least on a regional basis. There's tons of places that have vintage MX races that don't want to deal with AHRMA and their rules. The big rule being no kids under 16 racing in AHRMA.

Craig

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ok ok ok, back up everybody. bob was in no way throwing insults at the other RACE organizations. bob is also in no way (other than the guy that collects photos for the vintage seen page in the newsletter) affiliated with ahrma. he does have an interest in racing with a quality organization at vmd THIS YEAR. and he does seem to have a bit a bend toward organizing others. he single handedly organizes both a vintage track day and a road rally in the mid-west.
as it stands now, ahrma is the show at vmd this year, not wera or uscra, and that show might not happen. what will the ama do to replace the ahrma program? nobody really knows. would any of the other orgs be able to step up with short notice and provide a good program? who knows. i for one am not a member of either wera or uscra because i'm in chicago and neither org comes to a track within 400 miles of me. would i like them to, yes. racing and hanging out with friends and racers in the pits is a blast and i'd love to do it more.
do i like rob i right now? [email protected]#$ no. do i have any faith in jeff s? even less than rob i. i want to race a quality, comprehensive, safe program this year with people that i've met and enjoyed over the years. all i know is that there's a three way pissing match and we're all getting wet.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
ok ok ok, back up everybody. bob was in no way throwing insults at the other RACE organizations. bob is also in no way (other than the guy that collects photos for the vintage seen page in the newsletter) affiliated with ahrma. he does have an interest in racing with a quality organization at vmd THIS YEAR. and he does seem to have a bit a bend toward organizing others. he single handedly organizes both a vintage track day and a road rally in the mid-west.
as it stands now, ahrma is the show at vmd this year, not wera or uscra, and that show might not happen. what will the ama do to replace the ahrma program? nobody really knows. would any of the other orgs be able to step up with short notice and provide a good program? who knows. i for one am not a member of either wera or uscra because i'm in chicago and neither org comes to a track within 400 miles of me. would i like them to, yes. racing and hanging out with friends and racers in the pits is a blast and i'd love to do it more.
do i like rob i right now? [email protected]#$ no. do i have any faith in jeff s? even less than rob i. i want to race a quality, comprehensive, safe program this year with people that i've met and enjoyed over the years. all i know is that there's a three way pissing match and we're all getting wet.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Yeah but does Bob have pictures of JohnnyB's sister? That's what's really important here.

And on a serious note, check out WERA's schedule. They're closer to you than you realize.

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Yeah but does Bob have pictures of JohnnyB's sister? That's what's really important here.

And on a serious note, check out WERA's schedule. They're closer to you than you realize.

Craig

·
Registered
382 Posts
quote:Originally posted by 736cafe

...i for one am not a member of either wera or uscra because i'm in chicago and neither org comes to a track within 400 miles of me. would i like them to, yes. racing and hanging out with friends and racers in the pits is a blast and i'd love to do it more...
I didn't total the mileage, but I'm sure you'll find that running even a minimum full season w/AHRMA (5 weekends) involves considerably more traveling expense than WERA (6 regional weekends + GNF). Not only mileage, but days/nights on the road. And if you need to do a make-up event your choices are far closer.

This is the N. Central WERA schedule...heck you've got 3 events at Grattan, less than 200 miles away! Nelson's not much farther than Mid-O, and Bluegrass is even closer.

·
Registered
382 Posts
quote:Originally posted by 736cafe

...i for one am not a member of either wera or uscra because i'm in chicago and neither org comes to a track within 400 miles of me. would i like them to, yes. racing and hanging out with friends and racers in the pits is a blast and i'd love to do it more...
I didn't total the mileage, but I'm sure you'll find that running even a minimum full season w/AHRMA (5 weekends) involves considerably more traveling expense than WERA (6 regional weekends + GNF). Not only mileage, but days/nights on the road. And if you need to do a make-up event your choices are far closer.

This is the N. Central WERA schedule...heck you've got 3 events at Grattan, less than 200 miles away! Nelson's not much farther than Mid-O, and Bluegrass is even closer.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i'm really tired of people throwing rob ianucci and team obsolete under the bus......the man did help FOUND the AHRMA organization that you belong too! jeff smith is an asshole! i'm glad that rob ianucci sued that pigheaded piece of shit!

who in their right mind would sue a new york lawyer with his own law firm and pretty close to unlimited resources?

why didn't AHRMA's council suggest this to them back on day one....."it is never advisable to sue someone that is RICH and VINDICTIVE and is a LAWYER who OWNS his OWN LAW FIRM over something as stupid as copyright infringement for using the phrase BEARS to promote a Trans-Atlantic Match Race."

AHRMA's lawyer should have told jeff smith and company to chill the 'eff out!

so big bob and all of your minions.....back the fuck off rob ianucci and team obsolete. show a little respect to the guy that helped fucking CREATE your organization.

tex

p.s. - i feel like punching someone in the face!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Rob I was sued by AHRMA - Jeff Smith was the executive director at the time - for copywrite infringement over the use of the BEARS term when Rob I promoted a trans atlantic match race. Even though the BEARS term was in general use well before AHRMA copywritted it. (That's a whole different issue how a general use term can be copywritten for financial gain by an organization.) AHRMA won that initial case and threw out Rob I from AHRMA, along with any rider that was sponsored by Rob I, including Roper, Eric Green, Jim Redman, and others. Rob I then countersued and the bullshit was on. If Rob I didn't countersue would Roper and Green and the others ever been allowed to compete in AHRMA? Who knows.
Where does the AMA come in to all of this? They're the sanctioning organization of AHRMA. And typical strategy when suing is to sue everyone involved and let the courts sort it out.

My own opinion in all this. We had an executive director at the start of all this that was too stupid to see the potential outcome of his actions. You want a leader of an organization that can figure out what's the best way to lead against potential problems. Smith had an opportunity to see that yes he may have been correct that Rob I shouldn't have used the BEARS term but was it the correct course of action to pursue a lawsuit in the first place. And the AHRMA racers still have this same idiot as a trustee in AHRMA and sitting on the executive board. So if you want to place any blame in all of this mess it should be firmly placed on the racers that have continued to vote this asshole into office. And I'm not blaming the AMA or Rob I in this crap. We fucked up. We let this guy continue for too long.

Craig

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
at this point, i'm not blaming or really that angry with rob i; if i was in his position, i'd probably do the same thing. i am however furious with jeff smith and those that encourage him. these closed door meetings that change the course of a member owned club can only make things worse. please write letters to the ama trustees telling them your thoughts, please do the same to your ahrma trustees.

to be honest, i think we should let T.O. back in the moment Jeff Smith is out the door. the only stipulation should be that he and j.s. repay all of our lost revenue.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I'm surprised that through all the years of bullshit no one has stepped up. All the BS really leaves an opportunity for another club to start offering vintage at more venues. With similar classes and less hassle. The doors are open, racers are fed up... seems like a no brainer. Or perhaps it leaves the door open for a new club to be formed. I dunno. Am I offering to do it myself? Hell no. But I'd be happy to help in any way I could and I'd sure as hell race.

Nevermind, just the observation of a dimwit.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts