Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
wow. thats big. they must be counting on some serious attendance. but wowsers. i am glad to see someone stand their ground though. it sends a big message. its going to be a clusterfuck though. so, now what happens to all of those people who rented non refundable garages for the ahrma round? who had to in order to get one. wow, its going to be a mess. intersting that ahrma and wera re both now not really involved with the ama. hmmmm.....

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
i have it from reliable sources that this is one of the revenue legs of ahrma's tripod. with this gone we'll see if there's an ahrma series next year. hopefully the ama or someone else has planned for a series to fill this need.

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
quote:Originally posted by craig641

Yep. I'm sitting here with a receipt for $425 on my desk for a garage for the cluster fuck weekend. Wonderful.

Craig
My guess is the AMA will just run pretty much the same classes as AHRMA did....hopefully on the same schedule. Just not sure how the payment would work....garage money probably really goes to the track...so that may still be good.

Might be an opportunity for some USCRA guys to get AMA #1 vintage plates.

Just trying to look at the bright side.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
JohnnyB,

My guess is this won't be the same classes that AHRMA runs. At least I don't think they'll include the modern stuff like the SV650s and Ducatis that AHRMA runs. Not that that's a bad thing. They said too many times in the press release the word "vintage".

Craig

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
for people in the hunt for an ahrma championship, why would they want to go risk another weekend on their gear? some of those ahrma dudes are pretty serious. i cant see it coming off well. im thinking bigtime fail. oh yeah, the garage money does go to the track. people planned to go, and others didnt have it on the schedule yet. and they expect people to bring bikes for 3 disciplines? they are going to run a schedule that will allow all of us to get from one place to another. not on the same day? seems crazy. i hope it works. like scott said, mid o has to be one of the primary money makers for ahrma. tjats going to put a serious hurt on them. not to mention, if they grandstand, imagine losing daytona. id guess that could be the end of them. wow though. crazy. shit goin on in ever aspect of racing seems like.

it will be interesting to see how they are going to handle licensing, entries, tech, scoring, etc. i wonder if they will honor an ahrma license.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Maybe Barber will be even BIGGER since it will be the undisputed premier vintage event in the country, assuming AHRMA is still around.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
This is radically nuts.

I don't race but even I can see the clusterfuck potential here:

1. When are they going to announce classes? What tech (displacement, safety, model year, etc.) rules will apply to each class? How will they handle disputes, appeals and complaints?

2. Who is going to staff the races? I've been going to VMD for ten years and the AMA barely maintains control of the entrance to the swap meet by Friday afternoon.

3. Did I see Hare Scrambles mentioned? Where are they going to run these? The parking lot? I know there's some single track trails back behind the campground, but its not nearly long enough for a proper hare scramble.

4. And what about the Battle of Twins guys? Kinda sucks if SV's are eliminated.

5. I'm just going to take a look at the big picture...if all of this started over some copyright bullshit between a couple of lawyers, what kinds of legal messes are they inviting by completely re-inventing one of the biggest races of the year 3 1/2 months before its supposed to happen?

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i'll be there just to buy the t-shirt, hang out, race, and drink beertopia!

see ya fruitcakes trackside.

tex

p.s. - i'm doing mosport too!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts