Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im thinking about taking a ride down to southern ca to check out this vintage bike museum, and was scrolling through all of the majestic bikes on their website...thought this might be a fun thread.....pick your favorite bike!

here is mine:

http://www.motosolvang.com/bike_pages/1953_Mondial.htm

something about that one...gives me the same feeling i had in high school when i saw a friends swedish foreign exchange student lounging around the living room in her bikini......

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
No arguement from me on your choice. Mine would be any of the Nortons but for some perverse reason I like cricket bats. I think its a 28 0r 29.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Jesus! This is like trying to pick a favorite child.

·
Registered
30 Posts
quote:Originally posted by mudmonkey

something about that one...gives me the same feeling i had in high school when i saw a friends swedish foreign exchange student lounging around the living room in her bikini......
wow man, you got it bad

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
If it were just one, I'd be on the '57 Gold Star. Ask me tomorrow and it would likely be something else, which in a nutshell, describes the source of my motorcycle "problem".
cheers, bcr

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mondial racers are very cool looking bikes. I have an old book that has a 50cc Mondial racer that looks a lot like that one. Very neat bikes.

If you ever come across a Moto Guzzi "Ghez' 50cc TWIN cylinder two-stroker they are just too COOL for words also!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I've been to Solvang a couple times, and let me warn the uninitiated... It's a tourist nightmare. It's an entire theme-town, plucked right out of Disneyland - Swedishland. I do, however, remember a couple pubs - redemption for any town, but don't expect them to be cheap.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts