Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else going this weekend to race with VRRA at St. Croix, Quebec?
BFD and I are in.

Jeff

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
send me details, please. I am supposed to go to something else, but it's only about 4 hours from here.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BFD and I carried the torch representing solo riders for the USCRA in Quebec on Le Circuit de St. Croix over the weekend. Interesting little track litterally on the banks of the St. Lawrence. The track layout consists of a stock car oval with a banked turn and the other end of the oval has 2 chicanes and wikkid sharp hairpin. The track could best be described as primative and had a feeling of Frontierland to it. Pavement was rough yet managable. This was my first time racing with VRRA and I found them to be a very friendly and open group of people. Plenty of good riders however it seems the P1 and P2 classes are dwindling as evidence with the strong grids in P3 and P4. Transponder rental was super easy.
Our pit neighbor donned hockey padding underneath his leathers(only in Canada).
BFD chased carb issues but continually improved and recieved many accolades for the tidy and sharp CB175. There is rumur that he is now in strong contention for a Canadian GP200 championship. Cookies?
I gave my best shot trying to run with a few fast (Micheal Roby) 350GP bikes but just didn't have enough to stave them off. My lap times improved and by the end of the weekend I was getting a knee down in a few corners consistanly. So that's what it's like: )
Good time, lots of track time, 5% beer, Crazy Canuck announcer Der,interesting cuisine that still has not passed, and I got busted for smuggling in firewood into Canada.
Planning on going to Mosport to see Tex in turn 1, biatches.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
definitely! see you there jeff!

congrats to you and bill!

texy!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Those cookies tasted pretty good last night, even with a hint of C12 aftertaste. Probably should unload the van earlier next time.
Finally unloaded the Poutine last night too. I think I saw the lights dim at the waste water treatment plant in town.
Thanks for the company Jeff. Looking forward to sampling Mosport Poutine
bfd

·
Registered
569 Posts
tmi - bfd

had to look this up;

Poutine (pronounced, roughly, poo-tsin; pronunciation in IPA as heard in Quebec French [puʦɪn] — listen to it in .wav format) is a dish consisting of French fries topped with fresh cheese curds and covered with hot gravy (usually brown gravy) and sometimes other additional ingredients. The curds' freshness is important as it makes them soft in the warm fries, without completely melting. It is a quintessential Canadian comfort food.

d.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:
tmi - bfd

had to look this up;

Poutine (pronounced, roughly, poo-tsin; pronunciation in IPA as heard in Quebec French [puʦɪn] — listen to it in .wav format) is a dish consisting of French fries topped with fresh cheese curds and covered with hot gravy (usually brown gravy) and sometimes other additional ingredients. The curds' freshness is important as it makes them soft in the warm fries, without completely melting. It is a quintessential Canadian comfort food.

d.
Sounds like you loose a few hp after eating that....

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, not to be confused with the New Brunswick Poitine. Entirely different cuisine.
Yeah, maybe if I had passed on the lunch poitine I could have been on the box in 350 gp.
High octane cookies are all the rage.

Mosport, Mosport, Mosport

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts