Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kawasaki-Vulcan-70-by-Mr.-Martini-9.jpg

I'm in love with this kit for the Kawasaki Vulcan S, developed by Mr. Martini in Italy. The Vulcan S is a really nice bike and a good value, but the cruiser ergos are a showstopper for me. Now, move the pegs back, raise the seat, give it more standard looks, and I'm in.

master_60970.jpg

background_image_60827.png
stacks-image-6f85980.jpg

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I don't hate this. Maybe the Kawi Triple isn't exactly the right vintage bike to channel, but overall I think this is actually kind of neat.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I definitely see that as an improvement to the Vulcan's ergonomics and aesthetics. Really wish it was a factory package.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The problem is with this kind of thing is, there is such a limited market for it here in the USA. I like it as do some of you but overall, most riders won't get it or want it.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
The problem is with this kind of thing is, there is such a limited market for it here in the USA. I like it as do some of you but overall, most riders won't get it or want it.
They are only making 100 of them to be sold in italy.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
They are only making 100 of them to be sold in italy.
Damn it, why do we never get the good stuff? Does the world just assume that all Americans are knuckle dragging chopper riders? lol I would also dig that kit.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I get that. I reckon what i mean is, we don't get a lot of the COOL stuff because it ain't cool to enough of us Americans.
If it isnt HD or isnt built by OCC, then it just is'nt as popular. Which is ok, I like having a niche interest.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Dragonz "I get that. I reckon what i mean is, we don't get a lot of the COOL stuff because it ain't cool to enough of us Americans."

I see your point, Canada is always falling into that category. Since we are a small market we don't get anywhere near the stuff even you do. But hey we get special attention for snow shovels and chain saws, oh and tree tapping drill bits for that we're boss. We can always order shit from the US but once you add in the exchange rate which now suck balls + shipping and duties. Fuckin forget it. If nothing else it makes you build your own and do it yourself which isn't a bad byproduct I guess. Is kind of a pisser that 100 Italians will be sporting all of'm though. I like the kit.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
If it isnt HD or isnt built by OCC, then it just is'nt as popular. Which is ok, I like having a niche interest.
OCC hasn't been relevant for about 5 years now, have they? Their 15 minutes of fame have come and past.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
OCC hasn't been relevant for about 5 years now, have they? Their 15 minutes of fame have come and past.
Iv'e seen a few of their bikes on the road. But then I don't really pay attention to choppers. Not my cup of tea

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Iv'e seen a few of their bikes on the road. But then I don't really pay attention to choppers. Not my cup of tea
They built some cool theme bikes, and some cool one off parts on some art bikes, but I just don't see $100-$150k for a freaking motorcycle

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
They built some cool theme bikes, and some cool one off parts on some art bikes, but I just don't see $100-$150k for a freaking motorcycle
Right? I did enjoy the fighting between Sr. and Jr. even though it was played up for TV. The 1st episode was the best, that one was real. After that it was mostly faked

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
So you spend $150k with drug money and then turn around and sell it for it's real value of maybe $30k, not a good ROI.
You have to think like a drug dealer - you spend $150K on the chopper.....then sell it quick for $50K because you can make $200K with that $50K on the next deal.

You're not dropping $100K - you're making $50K.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts