Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All.
Has anyone done business with Motorcycle Seats Direct recently? They acknowledged my order on June 19, and now it's Sept 1st. They've answered an email from me saying it's shipping soon, but that was almost a month ago. Are these guys legit?

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
I dont care.

You joined this fucking forum for this bullshit?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I should warn you, every one I have seen in real life, the cover fit wasn't super great and usually required adjustment.

If you change your mind on it and want to send your seat pan it to someone, Seargents in FLA recovers seats, but Via Meccanica | The life Meccanica in NYC also does it and she's really great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your guidance. Actually, I ordered it on May 19 and still haven't received it, so I will warn anyone buying from them that it's at least 3 1/2 months so far. I recommend another source to everyone.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Gestation period for a cow is about 280 days, then they have to wait for the calf to get big enough to slaughter :/ then they need to clean, tan and dry the leather. Takes way too long, that's why half my motorcycles don't even have a seat, all you really need is a comfortable rear fender anyway.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Gestation period for a cow is about 280 days, then they have to wait for the calf to get big enough to slaughter :/ then they need to clean, tan and dry the leather. Takes way too long, that's why half my motorcycles don't even have a seat, all you really need is a comfortable rear fender anyway.
I rode my R50/2 Bimmer from Albuquerque to New Orleans in the winter of '75 with no seat, or windshield. Camped out in sub freezing temps too. Had to trailer out of SLC to Albq because of snow. Seats are sometimes over rated, lol! My '75 Laverda with TZ 750 glass fairing and seat had no pad, just hard glass pan. It was a (CAFE) racer, push start, no side stand either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts