Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a well taken care of Ducati Sport Classic Biposto. I would prefer a black one, but will buy a red or yellow one too. I would like one with less than 6,000 miles, but will consider one with more if it is in good shape. I don't care where you are, as long as you are in the US and you're willing to let me send you a deposit so I can be assured the bike will be there when I fly out. We'll meet in person and I will pay cash for the bike. If you are looking to sell your Sport Classic Biposto, please get in touch with me. I can be anywhere in the US with a days notice.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
buying a bike sight unseen and able to meet you anywhere in the US with a days notice?

who are you, charlie sheen?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Will this be with a CASHIERS CHECK made out for TOO MUCH MONEY and all we have to do is SEND PART OF IT BACK IN CASH?

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
I still like them.....but ive never owned one.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by simpson

quote:Originally posted by jaguar

I still like them.....but ive never owned one.
Like most hot Italian ladies...good to look at, but ungodly high maintenance.

-simpson

No you are wrong. No more maintenance than your average monster. Poor build quality ESP the fuel tank which Ducati has been meh about honoring.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Every single sport classic built has a defective fuel tank for which Ducati has no fix for. If you think you are special and you dont have a deforming fuel tank then either a previous owner had it lined at his own expense or you just haven't checked it yet.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

Every single sport classic built has a defective fuel tank for which Ducati has no fix for. If you think you are special and you dont have a deforming fuel tank then either a previous owner had it lined at his own expense or you just haven't checked it yet.
I seem to recall seeing an ad for a company that makes an aluminum replacement tank for the Sport Classic not that long ago. Somewhat reasonably priced at @ $700 or so.

Really though this seems like a job for Tannermatic. Although maybe it's more than he wants to get into?

I know Fred at Yoyodyne Ti has a Sport Classic. When his tank starts leaking, maybe he'll get Sebimoto to start making replacements.

Jim

·
Registered
681 Posts
So far it seems Por-15 lining is doing the job reviving swelled tanks, just got to let them sit long enough for the ethanol to evaporate out first so they return to their normal shape before putting the epoxy to 'em.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
yeah, but if you line the tank, A) ducati won't pay for the lining (which they totally should), and b) they won't give you anymore free tanks. I am getting my last free tank in 2012, and after that I will have it lined.

I sent Tanner a GT tank. Never heard anything from him after. Don't know what he did with it.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
rennie,

conveniently, i'm selling my sport classic biposto. it's showroom clean, has 1,000 gentle miles, and comes with two spare gas tanks. send me $1,000 down payment, and i'll give you my address.

·
Registered
372 Posts
All the more reason to keep my battered but loved 86 GSXR.

·
Registered
372 Posts
All the more reason to keep my battered but loved 86 GSXR.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts