Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a GL 1000 front end on my CB750 primarily for the dual disc brakes. Ive heard its pretty much bolt on so i wants one. I want the forks, legs, triple tree, both calipers and rotors. The complete front end.

Let me know if you have anything.

My CB750 Project:
http://www.caferacer.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4739

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
i have almost everything that you need thats off a CB900C. trees, forks, legs just not the calipers.
it will should bolt on the same as the GL and give you dual discs.
im not sure if the GL is a leading axel or not but the C front end is.
if your interested let me know im looking to get rid of parts cheap. or trade

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
687 Posts
here are some picts, if you're not interested i'm going to post them up in their own thread for sale or trade.

...connoisseur of slack...

Edited by - snorkelfork on Sep 20 2007 10:15:33 PM

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
How much you want, Snork? And when are you going to be in Detroit so you can deliver for free?

Fuck me! I just realised you're in Austin! I was at Ft Hood in the late '80s. Austin's like a home away from home. I still dream about gingerbread pancakes (& a beer) at Kirby Lane.

Edited by - judeyramone on Sep 20 2007 11:09:16 PM

·
Registered
687 Posts
i've got around $165 in them including the shipping charges. i'd just like to get my money back but if i can't i'll consider negotiating. when i bought them i didn't realize the gs750 and 1000 used 37mm legs, i was looking for 35's. the seals look good, the dust boots have some cracking but still do what they're supposed to and aren't noticeable from a foot or two. there is no pitting in the travel area and the few areas up top are clean with no visible rust. this looks to be a great front end just way to frikin big for my wee bike.

if someone wants very detailed photos i can provide some after the weekend.

this town is great but getting so crowded some friends of mine have been discussing making shirts that say "welcome to austin, please remember to go home". the entire center of the city is rapidly becoming too expensive and the east side is no longer a wild frontier since they've pushed all the people who inspired them to move here to the skirts.

...connoisseur of slack...

Edited by - snorkelfork on Sep 21 2007 07:47:09 AM

Edited by - snorkelfork on Sep 21 2007 08:20:14 AM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts