Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

My name is Rob, and i am the proprietor of Dinosaur Four Motorcycle Services. I am posting to let fellow cycle enthusiasts know of a scam artist named Peter Muller, associated with FederalMoto US. He contacted me last year, to build a custom cycle for him / teach him how to build. He brought his cycle over and I instructed him over the course of 14 months (based on his time available) and completed his cycle. A week before pickup, still waiting for payment, i had an acute arthritis attack in my spine, and was hobbled, i called and asked for payment, and he said he was coming over to pay, and showed up with no money, begged me to let him put it in a show, and he would bring it right back, promising on our friendship, blah blah blah, manipulating and finally strong armed me. He took it and never paid, he owes me $11,650.

He is a greedy scam artist, manipulative and dishonorable and not to be trusted.

Here is a picture of his bike in my shop, a showroom quality build i am very proud of. (dude in pic is scumbag Peter Muller)

Thank for listening!
Cheers!
Rob G.
Dinosaur Four Motorcycle Services
Chicagoland area

Attachments

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Personal vendetta stories as a first post are usually NOT my cup of tea, but...

I googled your shop and it looks like you're nearby in Lombard, IL. Maybe I can use your services someday.
And I know how getting ripped off feels like.

I googled your alleged perpetrator on linkedin. This sounds like him...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/peterpaulmuller

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
You should IMMEDIATELY file a police report and a lien on the bike.

Far more important than a scam advisory.

Why you let him take the bike is ABSOLUTELY beyond me. No pay, no bike. PERIOD.
I think he implied he forcibly took it...

Excellent advice that I'm sure he's started on already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, thats his pic.

JCW, I supposed i could of physically stopped him (altercation) but, i could just barely walk, and yes, i thought he was my friend, and should not of trusted him....... a big mistake on my part, i know, i'm the dummy. His friends and associates said i should go to the forums to tell the truth, i am not expecting any recompense from him, but, i just didn't want anyone to have to go through / feel this from him again, if i can save one person from this idiot, then my post was worth it.

Thanks!
Cheers!
Rob

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
13704172_1021082061341489_55027382_n.jpg

A classic hipster pic of his latest build/monstrosity on instagram with the bike builder glancing elsewhere too cool to look at the camera.

God I vomited in my mouth a little...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats his younger brother, Mike with the BMW, Mike is ok, he is learning. I'm not here to make fun of anyone, or be vile in any way, just telling the truth as i see it.

Cheers!
Rob

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Thats his younger brother, Mike with the BMW, Mike is ok, he is learning. I'm not here to make fun of anyone, or be vile in any way, just telling the truth as i see it.

Cheers!
Rob
Leave that to us. That bike is CRAP.

I like your workshop and YOUR bike, what I can see of it...

That's all. I'm done. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
View attachment 27394

https://www.facebook.com/peterpaulmuller

Here's an instagram of him learning to weld. OMFG. click the video for a laugh.
This guy is building bikes??????

https://www.instagram.com/p/7v3qy_LbGU/
No. Not building bikes.

"Custom vintage motorcycle design, fabrication, and assembly, hand-built in Chicago, Illinois."

How do you design vintage? I will design for you things dating from the past! I will design items of old, recognized and enduring interest, importance, or quality!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Yep, thats his pic.

JCW, I supposed i could of physically stopped him (altercation) but, i could just barely walk, and yes, i thought he was my friend, and should not of trusted him....... a big mistake on my part, i know, i'm the dummy. His friends and associates said i should go to the forums to tell the truth, i am not expecting any recompense from him, but, i just didn't want anyone to have to go through / feel this from him again, if i can save one person from this idiot, then my post was worth it.

Thanks!
Cheers!
Rob
Depending on your paper trail you should be able to collect. If you haven't employed CYA, with all the info about and addresses for him available on the internet it would be pretty easy to make his life miserable.

Reading on your facebook regarding chasing Thomas Oh for money in 2014 brings to mind, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". Business is business, signed work orders for everyone, always. Discounts are for those with cash in hand.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
or be vile in any way,
no that's exactly what you are trying to do and in this situation it's warranted. Can't hide the fact you fucked up and let him take the bike, your only collateral, but you were trying to be a good guy and he screwed you. You are here to be vile because it's all you can do.

·
Registered
224 Posts
What do you think this guy says if asked? I mean, he is repping himself as a bike builder.

That is one thing I don't like about these collaborative build shops. If I am going to a shop and putting my bike together, in my mind I am doing the work. I will begrudge the shop the money that I owe them for storage, tool rental, instruction, assistance, basically damn near everything. That is why I have never done that beyond a one day deal where I could go in with a specific goal and agreed to price. I have done it with bicycle builds because I can get them done in a day at the coop. I've also done it with the car where I needed the lift, but that was overseas at the base where they have screaming deals. It's like $3.50 an hour and maybe $8 if they help you. I want to do the work myself. If not, I will pay someone to do it, not pay someone for me to do it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts