Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i started my xs650 today for the first time. While the bike isn't done, i decided to video tape myself trying to ride it with the foot clutch. its like learning to ride all over again. it feels very odd and isn't the smoothest ride i've had to date.

bike sounds knarly, but the exhaust isn't done yet so i just put on the stock pipes.
so laugh and watch me stall this thing out.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pampadori/2766881944/

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont' think the ratio or amount of pull is bad, i just have never driven one set up like that before. if i push the peddle down about 2", the clutch is fully disengaged. i don't feel real secure without the front brake, but i'm broke and can't afford pads yet. thats pretty sad isn't it?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quote:Originally posted by HackAsaw

anyhow, I really was curious as to the numbers and would appreciate having them if you wouldn't mind
i'd like to get that info for you, but i'm not quite sure how to do so. the linkage turns the worm gear and pushes in the clutch without a cable. with the hand setup, pulling it all the way in moves the worm gear about the same amount as the foot setup depressed about 3 inches i'd guess.
got a picture of the iron pimp?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.