Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is putting together an old bike event to run in conjuntion with, and at, the annual Watkins Glen racetrack vintage car event, Sept 7,8,9.

For $30 you get admission to the track Sat and Sunday, a T shirt, a secure bike show area you can leave you bike in overnight, and 3 PARADE LAPS AROUND THE TRACK. That is a deal, considering that just admission is over $40 reg. price. I did a few parade laps there years ago with my MG, and while it is not racing it is still really cool.

He says that while the track wants the bikes there Sat and Sunday, you could come for just one or the other day. 50 bikes max.

go to oddballolddog.net to check out the details, or hit me off line for his phone number. As I understand it preregistration is necessary to get the "free" admission.

Jack

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, Bob Harris. Now that you mention it I recall Carl was going to do something at the glen sometime as well. Those bikes were to be "the best of the best". I know that bob's personal bikes are a far cry from that criteria! Maybe Carls deal fell through. I understand the track approached Bob only 3 weeks ago, at another show he ran at the Curtis Museum.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dog, if you want to show a bike, get on the track etc, you have to call Bob. His number is on the oddballolddog.net site

He is crazy but a good guy- fun to talk to.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I would think so. Give him a call, tell him I sent you. Wish I could make it, but as they say , I have to make hay while the sun shines, and it is finally shining for me. Work Work Work. Lucky to have it.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I would think so. Give him a call, tell him I sent you. Wish I could make it, but as they say , I have to make hay while the sun shines, and it is finally shining for me. Work Work Work. Lucky to have it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts