Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
And another thing... those "top photos" that the VSA Admin uploaded show a significant ignorance of the philosophy and character of this community.
Please feel free to add showcase (or more if you already have) that will replace those. :)

How to Create a Showcase?

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click the 3 vertical dots to open the drop-down menu and select “Showcase”.

From the Showcase page, click on “Add item” in the right-hand corner.

A popup will appear at the top. Click on “showcase”.

A form will open for you to fill in the blanks, such as title, tags, general information, etc.

Scroll down to “General Information” to content and images, in the same way that you would for writing a post. The first image added will be the cover photo.

Add any additional item details, and “Save”.

If you want to make any changes, including choosing a different cover photo from the images you added, you can do so by editing your showcase.

- Cricket

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Congratulations, the site has never been slower and you can't even logout without using a fuking floating java pop-up, you suc.

You still have the Recommend Reading and shite at the bottom of the page which is totally useless.

I have a "New" botton so why do I want latest posts on the main page :/ do you know what totally redundant is.

and the Top Photos seriously needs to be deleted, it's a complete waste of bandwidth.

·
Administrator
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
There were some updates going on yesterday that may have made things slower. Today the site appears to be loading almost instantly.

The developers will be working on making the homepage more relevant for us.

Top Photos are from the showcases.

We will continue to see weekly updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Community feedback is really irrelevent. All of your sites are exactly the same and none have been designed with the users in mind. Like all software, it is designed by a bunch of Geeks who are making what they need/want/desire. I think your changes, on virtually all Verticalwhatever bike sites that I use, have chased away the knowledge base and attracted the fruit flies.

"Action every request" How about, "While we don't give a shit, we do read the posts".

Not all developments are progress.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
There were some updates going on yesterday that may have made things slower.
Your animations on absolutely everything are sucking the money right out of my bandwidth.
Can you understand that?

You want to pay for my extra bandwidth charges because you figure caferacer.net is fast now? It's fast at eating up bandwidth and that costs money and performance. It's like the old site with a virus added!
Shut that $%^&* down or lose interest here.
Trials

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
There were some updates going on yesterday that may have made things slower. Today the site appears to be loading almost instantly.
- Cricket
You wouldn't bullshit us would you.
I mean you do have a clue about how computer communications work, don't you?

You might want to consider banning me right now before I say something you will not like.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
There shouldn't be any popup ads, just regular ads.

I appreciate your feedback on advertising. While the complete removal of ads is difficult, as it helps to pay for the operations and maintenance of the site, we do try and partner with products and services that we think will be of interest to the community.

We are working with our development teams to also introduce a new premium membership for purchase in the coming months that will allow members to view the site ad-free.

- Cricket
WTF is the pop-up that asks me if I want to use google or face book? is that my imagination?

A third of my page cycles endlessly through pictures of cosmetics :/
"we do try and partner with products and services that we think will be of interest to the community" Bullshit! nobody that fixes old motorcycles is buying pancake makeup. Oh look a gizmo to tighten my facial skin lol you guys are pathetic.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Cricket! Go run a web page analyzer on your site, it Sucks!
You get an F on most things and that is only the front page which sucks back 5 meg and spews a list of error codes that should give you a hint about how bad you are at web page design.
Fix it or you are fired.
Do we need to repeat all of the things you are doing stupid?

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
The adds and the lay out REALLY limit the space for actual content.

Although not much is actually going on here anyway.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
So I've found there to be a big difference if I "zoom out" on the page (basically CTRL+mouse wheel). It improves the layout significantly.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Also...

Get rid of the constant pop up asking me for push notifications.

I don't need push notifications.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts