Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well I got so caught up in the moment that I forgot to take pictures of my "during" process, but they turned out pretty cool. Only realy problem is that I have 1" bars, not 7/8" bars, but a litte electrical tape fixed that real quick. Also I was able to turn the right side mirror into a throttle lock...yes...I...ummm...DID mean to do that...

Before:

After:

·
Registered
687 Posts
if those are the cheapy ebay mirrors you see all over you might consider replacing all the hardware with stainless and prying the mirrors off to locktight screws behind them or they will rattle just loose enough to make the mirror totally useless.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Good call, thanks I will pull them apart tonight.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
So I am going to install some bar end mirrors on one of my Buell , but I am thinking that I will still want some weights in the bar to reduce vibration. I know what your thinking, a Buell vibrates??? that is what i thought too, but sure enough it does. I have heard stories of people filling there bars with BB's in order to keep them weighted. does this work? or can you buy in bar weights, like what was in the original bars on my CB750? I little googling didn't turn up much, but i have to figure out something if i plan on putting any miles on this season.
6" piece of 5/8" Tungsten weighs 1.38lbs. Runs about $30 an inch. Yikes

21 - 27 of 27 Posts