Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, call me a romantic... My wife and I are heading to Weirs on our bikes in early August for our 14th wedding anniversary , okay, call me a cheap romantic.

We take a weekend away from the kids and ride our motorcycles to someplace that has nice twisties and a casual party atmosphere in the evenings. So you N.H.rs, what is there fun to do in Weirs and keep your flippin' minds out of the gutter, you're talking about my wife...who is a black belt in karate and can kick ur asses!
Yes, I wear the pants in the family, but she wears the blackbelt, so...need I say more.

Any useful assistance on the local fun places to hang out (NHMS excluded) is appreciated. And no Champ, you can't join us.

Pete

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Pete - you may want to define hang out a little more. Being an ex-patriot I would recommend a ride up Mt. Washington, trip thru the kangamangus (sp). As far as bars or food places, there are tons of places and your better off asking the hotel manager for what's up with the bar/food scene. You could take a quick trip into Maine for a little sea food or find a local place for the same.

One last thought - next time, plan a week instead of a weekend...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Some random ideas;
Rent a boat on Winni for the afternoon based or just take a cruise on the Mt. Washington.
As far as motorcycling, any road that runs north of Weirs is good. Rt133 and 113A is nice. The roads on the east side of the lake are better than the west IMHO. Check out the Sandwich Notch road if you don't mind a little dirt. The Kanc Rt 112 CAN be good depending what time of day and the amount of tourists. Run it in both directions as it flows differently. Bear Notch Road off from th eKanc, Hurricane Mountain road in North Conway, Crawford Notch (RT302), Evan's Notch (Rt 113), the Mt Washington Auto road (Off from RT16) etc..

I know the Conway area VERY well as i lived there for many years. Not sure about establisments in Weirs.
You could always take her to the FUNSPOT!
or you could throw her out of a plane;
http://www.skydivenewengland.com/fFirstTime.html

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Eat at Fratellos in Laconia-very good. DO NOT swim at weirs beach-its gross. Take a ride to Newfound Lake in Bristol and ride the roads west of there. Very nice and little traffic.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
hey don't do kangca but if you get out that way I remember rte 11 north to 302 is an awesome ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts