Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i hope we do well with it too. but i don't see it happening. we have plenty of unsold giant cruisers that aren't quite so ugly. what were going to do with these i don't know. we have to take on a shit load of additional overhead. maybe i'm just vexed because i think they they are so wretched looking. isn't that market dead?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i hope we do well with it too. but i don't see it happening. we have plenty of unsold giant cruisers that aren't quite so ugly. what were going to do with these i don't know. we have to take on a shit load of additional overhead. maybe i'm just vexed because i think they they are so wretched looking. isn't that market dead?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I think they blew any chance of having bmw type loyal followers with the 92's

take a peek and see how many of them you can buy with virtually no miles on them for under 2 g's

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I think they blew any chance of having bmw type loyal followers with the 92's

take a peek and see how many of them you can buy with virtually no miles on them for under 2 g's

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Well it could be worse, you could have taken on any number of bike brands that are not making any money at all.

Love them or hate them HD and victory both turned profits last year. The same can't be said for the mc divisions of the big four - who are not importing any bikes for 2010.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Well it could be worse, you could have taken on any number of bike brands that are not making any money at all.

Love them or hate them HD and victory both turned profits last year. The same can't be said for the mc divisions of the big four - who are not importing any bikes for 2010.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i just really don't see a big ugly cruiser market going on here. medium size ones sold pretty well. but we've got new 08 c109's
i guess im just biased cause i think they are hideous monsterosities .

lots of polaris atvs have chinese sourced engines in them.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i just really don't see a big ugly cruiser market going on here. medium size ones sold pretty well. but we've got new 08 c109's
i guess im just biased cause i think they are hideous monsterosities .

lots of polaris atvs have chinese sourced engines in them.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hyosung has been HUGE in the overseas market for almost 20 years. And they have traded insider information with Suzuki for years as well. I look for companies like that to come in low on price and take some bloat out of the other brands.

That and they are big into small bore, so I like to see that too, I really am lost on the need for 1200cc 200hp street monsters that inevitably end up in the hands of a squid.

Maybe im just a giant-vagina.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hyosung has been HUGE in the overseas market for almost 20 years. And they have traded insider information with Suzuki for years as well. I look for companies like that to come in low on price and take some bloat out of the other brands.

That and they are big into small bore, so I like to see that too, I really am lost on the need for 1200cc 200hp street monsters that inevitably end up in the hands of a squid.

Maybe im just a giant-vagina.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts