Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you CB350 riders in 350GP classes with WERA:

With regard to the Honda OEM frame - it didn't come with bracing so if it has some then you're not running the OEM frame and are illegal. Technically removing the tabs is illegal however that's not something that would become an issue until you really do remove 10 pounds. Removing the center stand bracket would get you in trouble. Bungy hooks and helmet locks would not.

Do I really need to start tearing down 350gp bikes?

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Kind of sucks that that's been ok for so long and now it's not. No mention of welding up spot welded seams.

Craig

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
thats bullshit. and a pretty fuzzy line to be drawing. how about if i only remove one center stand bracket? was that ont he wera board?? im still going to run in gp.

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
yo know, this irritates me a little. this has been a topic of conversation there for months and probably seasons. there has been no clarification. at all. and i do not consider this to be one. then to just decide that bungee hook removal is legal, but removing the center stand isnt, but to make a hazy statement like "if you start taking 10lbs off" is just stupid. especially less than 2 months til vir. especailly after this topic sat stagnant for almost 2 months.

its not like we all dont know whos got what. its not like its a secret. we all know what everyone is running on the gp grid. its lame.

start saving your money. because youre all going to have to protest me. and now im going to really work to get my bike to 250lbs.

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
with WERA in the northeast and mid-atlantic the ENTIRE 350gp AND 500gp grids are cb350's... why not propose a rule we as racers like? one that caters to what the 350 riders want. There are only a few other bikes out there ever (like roper and steve d I'm sure they won't mind). Or just propose to change the class, how about an fcb? c'mon we all know there aint much BUT cb350's out there. the powers that be should know it too. make those bikes illegal and the entire 350 and 500 vintage classes disappear. This little machine saved vintage racing, get with it.

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The same rules apply in FCB don't they? But who the hell cares if Rosko's or Joes bike is lightened or braced for that matter. Does it give them an unfair competitive edge? Not really. Wasn't the whole idea to keep the CBs mostly stock meant to keep cost down first and foremost, so what's the big deal about a little cutting and welding. Those are CHEAP mods.
The rules are written that even a good rider can win on a poor bike. Look what Zack was able to do.

Keep the engine stock & do what ever period mods to the rest.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
yeah-

i'm not giving this any more attention than before. my bike is unbraced, still only has the OEM welds, still has the sidestand bracket, but a few others (including the the centerstand) are gone. josie, don't make a fuss and it'll all go away, i don't care what you run and i don't think anyone else does either.

johnnyb, WERA wouldn't be shooting themselves with this, i don't think they really even need Vintage at all...we just all benefit from a big infrastructure that is mostly catering to moderns.

-tt

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
what a joke. basically individuals without creativity are trying to screw with everyones minds alittle... jc et all.. pretty much ignore it and keep rockin. mod the hell outof your bike untill you are done... stock carbs and motor are enough. screw em.

wait untill you all see my cosmo cup bike... you will get a chuckle

matt

ps they make you pay for trophys... who cares

latered

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
thats funny. its just screwed up on so many levels. the timing. the fact it took months if not seasons. im not changing anything. im freaking running that class and protest me, i dont give a crap. at least now i can protest tt, missing centerstand bracket. my bike might be really illegal, but its as illegal as tts! im not worried. it just cranks me up. i dont even know what the point was. if there were a vocal majority complaining, the yeah, i can see it. if it had been adressed 2 months ago, before the last post on that subject, then yeah, i could see it. but it seems so spur of the moment. it bothers me. but i dont care. ill see you fools on the gp grid. roper and whatevers are going to kick our asses this year anyway.

and tts right, they dont care. if wera vintage packed up and left, theyde be more than happy.

jc

i dont know shit

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I don't agree with rules that don't allow basic street to race mods like frame work.
That's the fundementals....it's like creating a "piece of shit" class....saying you can't do anything to make your bike race worthy, it's got to be a piece of shit.

What next...the old crappy tire rule, the water in your gas rule, rusty parts rule?

Hehehe..I'm pretty upset for someone that doesn't even race a 350...or even in WERA for that matter :)
I like being upset.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
I don't agree with rules that don't allow basic street to race mods like frame work.
That's the fundementals....it's like creating a "piece of shit" class....saying you can't do anything to make your bike race worthy, it's got to be a piece of shit.
You do realize that they're talking about CB350s, right John?

And the USCRA doesn't allow frame bracing either. But no one makes a big stink about it because no one flagrantly violates the rules. If you showed up with a Deltabox frame (or Craig's frame) I'm sure there'd be a protest or three.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts