Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
there are more people who spend more time on cell phones than on motorbikes.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Isn't this the same stupid crap as the people that live too close to power lines get cancer, cell phones cause cancer, blah, blah, blabbity, blah??????

Frankly, I'm pretty sure the lab rats they use for cancer studies must cause cancer.....

Hell, I'm left-handed, ride a motorcycle, worked in a sign shop for a couple of years welding aluminum and spraying paint with minimal protective gear, and I come from Southern stock predisposed to keeling over from heart attacks at an early age from eating fried food. The surgeon general should just turn up at my house and pop a cap in my ass now!!!!

I googled this book and pretty universally people are deriding this authors theories (and from all accounts they are ONLY theories) as ridiculous. I'd love to know what manufacturer is building electrical systems that generate enough juice to actually put me at risk. Most of my old bikes barely make enough juice to run the engine and headlight at the same time!

They have his photo on one of the boards I checked and he looks like a real leather and doo-rag poser. Plus he pictures a Harley in most of the info I've found about him. Maybe I'm wrong but isn't the flywheel/rotor/stator assembly way the fuck down by your ankle on most HD's? How powerful is the HD ignition these day anyway? Are they buying charging system components from Chernobyl????

The sad thing is this douche will probably get Federal funding for "studying the issue" if he sticks to his story. Hmmm - Federal funding to ride motorcycles... Maybe he's not such a douche after all!

Jim

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
As I was reading that webpage I kept thinking to myself...ok, where's the punch line, where's the punch line, here it comes...nope....ok here it comes now...nope. And then realized someone was serious.

What's up with the "integrity" password weirdness.... when I got a security warning when I hit the button I thought...nah, don't need to see it that bad.
I was hoping maybe for some gag that would pop up on the sreen and scare me...but didn't want to risk it.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I was waiting for the punchline too. I can't figure if the guy is taking himself seriously, or if he's just some numbskull hoping the feds will hand him a grant so he can "study" this further. Would a person who really believed motorcycles, or anything else for that matter, caused cancer, then pose for a photo sitting on the damn thing?

Cheers, Bret @ Glass from the Past

"You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel." Pee Wee Herman

Edited by - Bret on Dec 21 2007 12:17:21 PM

Edited by - Bret on Dec 21 2007 12:19:33 PM

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
that pic is so ghey that lust looking at it makes my ass hurt...and not in that sensitive will & grace kinda way but in that after party with the village people kinda way....

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
somebody also needs to tell homeboy that acid washed demnim jackets are nolonger appropriate attire outside fuddruckers

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Careful what you say, boys. He's wearing those dangerous leather chaps. And tough guy rings. And he probably has (dare I say it) a tattoo!

Edited by - judeyramone on Dec 21 2007 1:39:26 PM

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
... And he's sitting on a gay metric cruiser.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
This sounds like something some guy was trying to sell JAM614 at a VRRA round this summer. It improved the mileage of the tow vehicle, cleaned the cabin air, made us a sandwich, etc...
Jeff- what were those details again???

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
no doubt he has his prostate examined regularly...

...connoisseur of slack...
does ramming it repeatedly into foreign objects and other men's member's really count as an "examination"

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
There's something seriously wrong with this guy, his ideas, his picture, the whole freakin thing just screams creepy.

I thought it was a girl at first....or Johnny Depp. And he needs to stop sucking on that cough drop if he's going to get his picture taken.

He's an ass pirate if I ever saw one.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
3 Posts
"Unsuspecting riders may have a higher risk for cancer development from electromagnetic radiation shooting up right between their legs."

Oh snap. Hear that? I guess we all should clinch.

-----------------------------
My honda doesn't leak oil, it's just marking it's territory.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
BFD, glad to hear that you're lasting through the winter with a sense of humour.

This is a funny thread. Geeto, I luv ya,

·
Registered
602 Posts
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ATTENDING PUBLIC EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION CAUSES:
CANCER, OBESITY, HOMOSEXUALITY, BAD BREATH, SMELLY FEET ETC. ETC. ETC.

These studies really piss me off, I mean seriously, if you were to ask any individual that has any of the above conditions and then ask them if they attended a public scool you could then draw the conclusion, based on thousands of people filling out a questionairre that asks if they went to school, that school is responsible for all of the above and more.
May be an extreme statement on my part, but when it comes down to it, not any more extreme than some stuff published, and it didn't cost tax payer (you and me) thousand or millions in grants to figure it out!

Oh, by the way...MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts