Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! It’s the shop teacher again, well we finally got the bugs worked out of the website and it works again! Check it out http://niskygarage.logical.net
This year’s project got a slow start but we are rolling along. As always if you have any suggestions for us especially on the motor mounts, please let us know.
Also what do you all think of the new project and site?? I know there are a bunch of spelling errors, we are getting around to fixing them. What do you want im only a shop teacher, although im going to marry an English teacher in a few months ;)
Thanks in advance!
Richie D

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Hey, like your site. I was just trying to explain to my brother the other day what you did with the CB(he's not into bikes unless you count a mid-life crisis Harley). We were talking about it because our school system just built a new high school with almost no shop space and has gutted the few shop classes it did have. He owns a body shop and in the past has gotten kids to work for him on some school program which they've now done away with. I'll give him your web addy. I've been trying to reassure him that there are still schools that teach kids to work with their hands.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Glad to see your website back in action. I've missed reading it. It's one of my favorites. New project is kinda modern for my taste. All my bikes are early 70s except for my '95 Triumph; New bikes are just kinda foreign to me. Look foward to seeing more of the project, nonetheless. I'm sure I'll be drooling over it by the time you're done. Is Newfield school doing a project, too?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,with out this forum and you all I really dont think I could have done any of this. you have all been an inspiration and a crutch to me through the last build and rest assured Ill be asking for help again!
Thank you all!

·
Registered
187 Posts
It's nice to see that you are building unique and innovative bikes. It would be easy to pick a project such as building a chopper, have donated parts sent up the road from OCC, and essentially bolt together a bike. That is what I would expect out of most school programs, but you have created something really special. Really admirable.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Neat project.

On most of these I've seen, they move the engine countershaft sprocket as close to the swingarm as possible. This means notching and boxing the swingarm so the rear engine mount can go through it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well have to see how big the rear pivot bolt is from the TZ and the rear mount of the Husky tc it. thanks for the heads up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts