Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
That's Phil at MSI. He's been on his last legs for quite a while, both the business and his health. A lot of the Seattle vintage community (most especially Tim Fowler) have been taking care of him and trying to help keep the shop open. The shop is called MSI for Motorcycle Selfservice Incorporated and was a going concern in the 70's where you could rent a bay to work on your bike. Tools and help were available for a fee. I don't know the story very well but there are those that do. Dewey's cycle was right around the corner. Huge part of Seattle cycle history.

You're certainly right that someone should write about it. There's incredible history there and Phil is a great guy whose life is waning rapidly. If there's a Seattle area writer type into vintage cycles that thinks he/she could pull that off I'd put you in touch with Tim.

Michael

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Bateman147

That's Phil at MSI. He's been on his last legs for quite a while, both the business and his health. A lot of the Seattle vintage community (most especially Tim Fowler) have been taking care of him and trying to help keep the shop open. The shop is called MSI for Motorcycle Selfservice Incorporated and was a going concern in the 70's where you could rent a bay to work on your bike. Tools and help were available for a fee. I don't know the story very well but there are those that do. Dewey's cycle was right around the corner. Huge part of Seattle cycle history.

You're certainly right that someone should write about it. There's incredible history there and Phil is a great guy whose life is waning rapidly. If there's a Seattle area writer type into vintage cycles that thinks he/she could pull that off I'd put you in touch with Tim.

Michael
If you want I could get in touch with the guys over at Motorcycle classics. I am too far away to write the story but they may have somebody in mind who is closer.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts