Cafe Racer Forum banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Having lived in Scotland I'm not unaware of some of the English issues in history and from there I moved to Australia where I was often referred to as a Pommie, so yes, I get that, but it was 150-200 years ago. Australia managed to work out a better system that teh US though and they don't have a lot of people in prisons now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/world/americas/23iht-23prison.12253738.html?pagewanted=all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_incarceration_rate

The US has managed to convince people that we need politicians and other elected officials that are "tough on crime" in the belief that we can beat/frighten the crime out of people or that it acts as a deterrent. Doesn't seem to work, but nopolitican has teh balls to admit that and suggest any alternative - at least not in the mainstream at least.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
quote:
hmm, so turning up to court with a baseball bat isnt a good idea? only joking, im gonna be on my best behaviour and look nice and smart, lose the beard and the earings, hide my tats and speak calmly and politely. now ive just got 10 days to practise all that bullshit.
You got it. Is it a magistrates court? If so try to get your attorney to find out which magistrate and check his record to see what works with him/her and what doesn't.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
quote:
hmm, so turning up to court with a baseball bat isnt a good idea? only joking, im gonna be on my best behaviour and look nice and smart, lose the beard and the earings, hide my tats and speak calmly and politely. now ive just got 10 days to practise all that bullshit.
You got it. Is it a magistrates court? If so try to get your attorney to find out which magistrate and check his record to see what works with him/her and what doesn't.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
yeah its the magistrates court in my home town, the my solicitor knows the place well, thanks for your advice mate its appreciated.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
yeah its the magistrates court in my home town, the my solicitor knows the place well, thanks for your advice mate its appreciated.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
this morning is a lovely warm sunny moring so today il be putting my troubles aside, calling for my pals and larking out on the bikes , i need a fix that only my RD400 can supply :)

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
this morning is a lovely warm sunny moring so today il be putting my troubles aside, calling for my pals and larking out on the bikes , i need a fix that only my RD400 can supply :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
and given your recent trouble apparently england didn't purge enough of its prisoners during the 18th century.

[/quote]
Geeto, I hope you're not suggesting that Tony should be speaking in an Australian accent :D

It's all a bit of a fuck up really innit, as soon as you get the black bastards involved, any sense of justice goes out the window.

·
Registered
585 Posts
and given your recent trouble apparently england didn't purge enough of its prisoners during the 18th century.

[/quote]
Geeto, I hope you're not suggesting that Tony should be speaking in an Australian accent :D

It's all a bit of a fuck up really innit, as soon as you get the black bastards involved, any sense of justice goes out the window.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It not really surprising that the English justice system is so fucked up when you consider that 200 years ago they thought it was a good idea to send their prisoners to a tropical paradise.

Good luck with beating the charges Tony (no pun intended).

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It not really surprising that the English justice system is so fucked up when you consider that 200 years ago they thought it was a good idea to send their prisoners to a tropical paradise.

Good luck with beating the charges Tony (no pun intended).

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
im gonna get some fun out of this cos its got me down so much, so 2moro im going in my wifes one piece pajama's and a bobble hat with big yellow clown shoes and gonna use one of those vintage car bulb horns to communicate with the judge.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Well - it was nice knowing you tony - with a get up like that you will be luck to get of of jail for the next 6 months... I cannot see a judge fining someone for defending themselves. Good luck mate

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
thanks mate,
literally no sleep last night, tossing an turning all bloody night, if the lying twat wins this he wont only be laughing at me he will be laughing at the poilce and the courts. but whichever way it goes, its not over till i say it is.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
adjourned until 4th sept , more waiting and worrying for me AND my family.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts