Cafe Racer Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
apparently its gonna be a 5 hour case and they didnt have time today, also a new witness has come forward in my defence but hasnt been interviewed yet.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
my solicitor is puttin 'a deal' on paper, il admit to assault but not repeatedly punching and kicking him, because that didnt happen, i will admit to taking him to the floor and restraining him causing him injury, but what really fucks me off is he assaulted me 1st yet its me thats in the shit.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I dunno tony, doesn't sound like a very good deal to me - could screw you if there is a civil case against you for his injuries.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
i could do without all this shit Geeto so hopefull we'l get a deal laid out, kinda wishing id not held back and really splattered the bloke.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
In my mind - once the guy touched you he was fair game for what every you could dish out to him. But then again, I live in a country where a bunch of drunk kids from Jersey are celebrities and have their own TV show.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

I dunno tony, doesn't sound like a very good deal to me - could screw you if there is a civil case against you for his injuries.
I think risks for these are wayyy less in Europe. The compensations are to the point of being ridiculously low at least here in Finland. I am talking about a few grand for rape victim type of level (read the news - no personal experience from either side - just to be clear). Reduces the risk of fools trying to cash out.

So I don't think that is as big of a worry. Also the socialized medicine reduces the cost risk.

That being said - and obviously I am no lawyer - can't you hear the new witness 1st to know how strong of a case you have?

Back here I would think it would be considered "exaggerated self defence" or something like that.

And Tony - no doubt the dude is a dick and a pussy in the same package but all in all its good you didn't go further....

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
This guy sounds major ass hat. Chin up Tony. If you have a witness, i'd be feeling a bit better, especially if he started it. There's a beer and hopefully a two stroke where ever I end up when this is all said and done.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts