Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
It was a great race. I saw some photos of their front tires after the race. Pedrosa managed his the best. 1-2-3 the tire deterioration was in that order. I'm an unashamed Rossi fan so I was delighted to see him ahead of Lorenzo. I can only figure Lorenzo went out too fast on a drying track and killed his tire. Looking forward to the final few races.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Great race.

Do you think with Rossi's experience he went out with a lap time in mind that he knew wouldn't destroy the tires?
Or was Lorenzo simply faster.

If it was f1, they would have definitely controlled the pace to conserve tires. But in motogp, its all up to the rider.

18 points. Phillip island, sepang and Valencia.

I say it'll be Honda, Rossi and Lorenzo as the winners with Rossi winning the championship!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Seemed like Lorenzo set off at his usual blistering pace. I've no doubt he knows his tires. Maybe he was hoping for some rain. Rossi isn't stupid so he might have paced himself but also trying to keep Lorenzo in sight. Weather like that is a bit of a crap shoot. You don't know if it will start raining again. It was too wet to take a chance and start on slicks. And no point in a tire or bike change. Just hope Rossi doesn't do anything silly. Finishing behind Lorenzo will guarantee his championship.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Lorenzo is a front end rider. He has issues with drying conditions because his style burns up front rain tires faster than Rossi. He knows this, and even said as much in the post race interviews. If it had continued to rain, he said he thought he could have won the race.

I am not a die hard fan of any on racer. I would like to see it go down to the last race, but I will also be very happy to see Rossi win another title...or even a couple more. I would also like to see Lorenzo pull it out of his hat. This has been a very good season!

Reactions: Hoofhearted

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Lorenzos front tyre was almost non-existent by the time they went to parc ferme.

And he rocked the Ducati wings:

Lorenzo.jpg

Wonder if they had some input into why his tyre was the most shredded out of the lot?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Wonder if they had some input into why his tyre was the most shredded out of the lot?
I think he went out to fast and hard on a drying track and didn't get the rain he may have hoped for.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I must have watched a different race than you guys. There were what, three passes the whole race? I'm not sure that watching who was the best at tire management made for an exciting race.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
I must have watched a different race than you guys. There were what, three passes the whole race? I'm not sure that watching who was the best at tire management made for an exciting race.
We're all just getting excited because there's only 3 races left and Rossi is ahead by 18 points.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Everybody has different modes of excitement. Some people think soccer is exciting. If passes were goals then three passes are more goals than most soccer teams score in a season.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Everybody has different modes of excitement. Some people think soccer is exciting. If passes were goals then three passes are more goals than most soccer teams score in a season.
Depends on the soccer - I'm coaching my boy's Futsal team (indoor soccer) and they're only two games into the season but they've scored 38 goals.

WSC United:

WSC United - Home

Ladder for 11/12yrs 2015/16 - FOX SPORTS PULSE

2 x 20 min halves - it's blink and you'll miss it stuff :cool:

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
We're all just getting excited because there's only 3 races left and Rossi is ahead by 18 points.
Got it. It is a great season and Rossi is showing why he's the GOAT. I'm a glass is half empty kind of guy. I wish there were more races left instead of only three.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Three races left. Four points difference between 1st and 2nd. George could win the remaining three, and if Rossi is runner up in every case, he still takes it. Correct?

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Three races left. Four points difference between 1st and 2nd. George could win the remaining three, and if Rossi is runner up in every case, he still takes it. Correct?
Incorrect, If George wins the next one and Rossi is second they will be tied.
1st place=25 points
2nd place=20 points
3rd place=16 points
4th place=13 points
5th place=11 points
6th place=10 points
7th place=9 points
8th place=8 points
9th place=7 points
10th place=6 points
11th place=5 points
12th place=4 points
13th place=3 points
14th place=2 points
15th place=1 points

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
^ Math has never been my strong point, but with Rossi ahead by 18 does that give him three seconds (60pts) to George's three firsts (75pts) and he still claims the title by 3 pts?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
^^ Not that I'm saying Vale doesn't have at least one more win in him. But there is a very big difference between "nothing to lose" and "throwing it all away."

Reactions: racer61

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
In racing it ain't over till it's over. So much can happen in 3 races. In a perfect world, ya he could finish second 3 times and win. If Jorge doesn't win it's pretty much over, but then if Rossi makes one mistake then it's over for him. I love racing because in most cases it can't be "fixed". It used to make me crazy when people said nascar races were fixed, clueless people who have no idea what's going on. Too many individual teams trying for the prize for any of them to give up anything, including teammates.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts