Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
“It is our fault and we cannot cry, regret, just remember because next week we have another crucial race in Sepang” – Valentino Rossi.

What a competitor and champion. Regardless of the results of this season, Rossi is a class act all the way. At least toward the tail end of his career.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
+1 on rossi being consummately gracious in defeat...no excuses, just praise for the others. i can't think of a more thrilling race...from start to finish. & thank god for marc marquez. what a spectacular last lap he pulled off.
-parks61

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
He has always been a class act. He's also been racing long enough to know when you give it your best and get beaten you don't try to shift the blame. The next two races will be interesting. Both have so much to lose.

I felt kinda sorry for the seagull.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Did you see Iannone's fairing after the race? Just imagine the force that seagull transmitted to punch a hole in the fairing...

And that double inside pass under Vale and Marquez was insane.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
He has always been a class act. He's also been racing long enough to know when you give it your best and get beaten you don't try to shift the blame. The next two races will be interesting. Both have so much to lose.

I felt kinda sorry for the seagull.
He hasn't "always been a class act"!! He's gotten better with age in that regard. Biaggi, Giberneau, Stoner, and Lorenzo (in the early years) would all disagree on Rossi's graciousness....as would many of his 125 and 250 opponents. He has always been in a class of his own, and just about the most entertaining rider to watch in the Paddock. It was an AWESOME race.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
I keep looking and can find every Moto race from that weekend except the MotoGP race. Anyone have a link to it? This thread has really piqued my interest in watching it. Sounds exciting.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Don't know if this will work. If not go to dailymotion.com The full race is there.

[video=dailymotion;x3a274u]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3a274u_motogp-2015-18-oct-philip-island-circuit-full-race_tv[/video]

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Oh well, one race and one week's worth of drama just ruined a whole season.

I think the punishment Rossi got was fair even though there was NO WAY he kicked Marquez over.

Yes, it's probably highly improbable he's gonna win the championship.

And, no, I don't really care anymore.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Rossi got tired of Marquez' bullshit and let him know. The penalty was utter crap. Marquez' sole reason to be on the track today was to screw with and try to stop Rossi. Except Marquez is only a puppy and he messed with the wrong dog. But as we all know DORNA is a Spanish company. Lorenzo is Spanish. Marquez is Spanish. Rossi isn't. And hearing Lorenzo call for Rossi to lose his points leaves me with absolutely no respect for that Majorcan dog turd. With a team mate like that who needs enemies?

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Rossi cost himself the championship with the intentional move. The last "intentional crash penalty" was 5 point because the rider admitted it was intentional. Rossi was docked 3 points because he admitted he had intentionally took him wide to slow Marc down, but didn't mean to crash him. Now I say we have to believe the rider who admitted he did it intentionally and wanted to hurt the other rider. Do we believe Rossi just on his word? His move to slow Marc is exactly what he was complaining Marc was doing during he race. The difference, in my eyes, was that the previous laps were some darn good racing between the two and Marc passed cleanly each time and never took Rossi wide. If Rossi is as good as everyone says why is he not qualifying better? There's no way he will maintain his 7 point lead coming from the rear of the grid next race. I certainly won't miss that race.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
The way I saw it was out to slow Rossi. Its surprising that last week his Honda could pull away from Rossi and this week it is only as fast. I think Rossi has the patience of Job. Some of the passes I was expecting Marquez to lose the front end and take Rossi out. Had I been in Rossi's place that little Spanish fucker would have been punted into the stands long before the incident happened. Marquez should have been disqualified for not racing.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I remember some years back a young Spaniard starting from the back of the grid in the final 125 race of the season and finishing fourth to clinch the title. His name was Marquez.

I wonder if Rossi can match that feat?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
There's no question Rossi will go through the field. I'm just wondering if Marquez will hang back and make sure he doesn't. He can't be penalized. Honda owns DORNA. So how could Honda penalize their own rider? Anymore I don't really care. I'll be watching to see if Danny Kent can seal the deal or will nerves get the better of him?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
No pressure on Lorenzo. His team mate Marquez made sure of that. Never knew Yamaha had team orders with Honda.

21 - 40 of 122 Posts