Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this bike looks like it would be fun to ride, what do you think.

I am a little worried about doing an e-bay transaction. I am also worried about the limited production making it hard to find parts for the motor? I know I'll need jets but I think that shoule be easy enough.

Any comments?

it is ebay number: 250254239914

Here is the description:

Up for auction is a very unusual Honda CB 1100F. I built this bike for WERA vintage racing (Class V-6) and track days, although it never has been raced. After building it, I enjoyed riding it so much I made it street legal.

The basic frame and engine are stock. The front end (trees, forks, 17"wheel, & brakes) is a 1999 CBR 900. The rear swing arm, brake, 17" wheel are also from a CBR 900. The result is a vintage bike with modern braking & handling. There is no speedometer, I use a small GPS for speed, but once you do that you can use the tach to know your speed. When installed the engine had about 15,000 miles on it, I'm guessing I have added another 4000 since finishing the bike about two years ago.

Some other features:

Fork Damper, Corbin Seat, Progressive Rear Shocks, GSXR pegs, LED turn signals, Supertrapp Pipes & Can.

This bike has a current Georgia registration but does not have a title (not required in Georgia for bikes this old)

·
Registered
699 Posts
i think that bike is way cool. from the pictures, it looks like it was done very tastefully instead of just thrown together. you would benefit HUGE from the modern rubber and brakes. I dont like the head light, i think it should have a stocker. the bike as a whole though, i would try to pick it up if it is within your bidget, looks like it would be a blast to ride!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Most of the mods to that bike are common and usually done by members of cb1100f.net . You can probably check it out there since I think I have seen that bike over there before.

While normally I tell people to think again about ebay transactions I would be less wary about this bike.

I don't know where you live but I used to live in New Orleans and owned an 1100f when I was down there. The only times I ever had problems with the bike was when it got 100+ degrees out (it is an air/oil cooled bike). It would detonate in traffic. Other than that the bike pulls like a freight train.

normally cb1100fs (one year only bikes in this country by the way - 1983) are a cult bike and stock sell for between $2K and $4K, and considering this one has all the "right" mods I would expect it to not go cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts