Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people have different preferences, and often times people just say that anything can be a cafe bike, but what do you personally consider musts in order to be a cafe bike?

·
Registered
699 Posts
it has to be flat black and it has to have a "59" on it. it also must say "ton" on it at some point. now that is a cafe bike.

·
Registered
204 Posts
you must be patient, you must have some time and money set aside, you must learn about what makes it go and what doesn't, you must be willing to deal with it when it acts up, you must plan your routes. thats what i have been doing, not as bad as it sounds. and if you hang out on this web site, you absolutely must maintain your strong convictions or be prepared to defend them with out getting all pissy. oh and only buy beers that make you look like an honest to goodness blue collar badass like PBR even if it tastes wrong.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
clubman bars. BTW is the plural of clubman, clubmans or clubmen or what?

Ken

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
weight reduction and usefulness....so stop dating that fat chick and go find yourself a a sexy doctor or lawyer or something....

what were we talking about again?

in all seriousness though, a cafe bike is all about maximizing performance for the street while retaining usefulness to the role it serves. caferacers are predominatly defined by use not by individual parts. Style poser cafe lemmings are defined by parts because...well...there is plenty of garbage out there that makes a bike look fast but not actually go fast. If you have modified your old shit with the intention of increasing performance then you are good.

·
Registered
699 Posts
i (heart) my clubmans!!! oh, and to be on caferacer.net you must have VERY thick skin and an excellent perception of sarcasm. i am with geet...a cafe bike is more of its use than the sum of its parts. many posers would not call my bike a cafe bike, its not a fourtroke, its not black, not british and i don't have header wrap...but look at the mods i made to it and what i use it for...its cafe if there ever was cafe.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Strip off everything that doesn't make it go stop or turn.
Take measures to increase handling.
**adding short shock to the back will not only make the (any) bike handle poorly by reducing ground clearance and increasing rake, they look gay too)

Make it what you want regardless of labels and ride the shit out of it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by 2smokeTyler

i (heart) my clubmans!!! oh, and to be on caferacer.net you must have VERY thick skin and an excellent perception of sarcasm. i am with geet...a cafe bike is more of its use than the sum of its parts. many posers would not call my bike a cafe bike, its not a fourtroke, its not black, not british and i don't have header wrap...but look at the mods i made to it and what i use it for...its cafe if there ever was cafe.
Hmm, I never new that some didn't consider 2-strokes to be a "true" cafe racer. I would have never guessed. Anyone that doesn't like your RD is insane btw.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
some people don't consider japanese bikes to be a cafe racers either....then again some people sniff bicycle seats for fun so there is all kinds of nuttiness in this world.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Ty, sorry to inform you but your bike is actually a chopper

quote:Originally posted by 2smokeTyler

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hack, once again...you will NOT convince me to let go of my bike, no matter what you call it!! LOL!! BTW...brakes are fixed. im going to put in 300 miles on it to shake it down, then im heading southeastish...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quote:Originally posted by borzwazie

2_wheeled_slave - as you can see, we're big on opinions here - everyone has one.
That's exactly what I was asking for. I won't be deterred on what I want out of my bike (wherever she is), but am interested how others determine what a cafe bike should be. In fact, I don't exactly know what I want.

I think I have to get said bike before making the decision on what to do with it. Every bike has different characteristics that need emphasized or whatever. Truth be told, I find myself attracted to a very wide variety of cafe bikes, even ones that many wouldn't consider a cafe like the ones the guy from the Netherlands posted.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I just stick with whatever isn't needed...rip it off. If it does work...rip it off. It'll break later on and you don't have to worry about it later. lol. Minimal is more in my book. You sound like a Mod trying to inflatrate the rocker world. JK. Hell I was thinking of picking up a rm400 and flipping it into a cafe/supermoto hodge podge bike.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts