Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We should in theory research the flight cost and think about it in theory who we would talk to if we did go and make a Beta plan.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Maybe it is like the Bible scriptures. Seek and ye shall find, and You have not because you ask not.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
but if you feed them too much Vodka you might end up with 5 propane tanks, 2 clams and a shitload of tine elves.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Let me see what I can come up with . Lets stick to the Suzuki T500 platform for now and start there. Then if they come through maybe try your weird little gremlin bike.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
But if I were to pick the clone based on my own personal experience in 2 stroke bikes. I would have to say Clone a Kawasaki F6 and this torque engineering pipe. It was a rocket ship !!

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
In reality having them clone a Kawasaki F6 and F7 would make the most sense. A platform with performance potential plus uber reliability. I'm honestly surprised no Chinese company has done that yet.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
He probably didn't know the power of "Boil the Carb". They are probably the most reliable bikes ever for rotary valve. But the F6 was more of the race version the F7 was still a reliable bike though. One trail ride with him lagging doesn't mean shit. On my old F6 with that Torque pipe I raced a newer YZ250 and won. You just gotta learn the ropes that's all.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
He bought it new! First problem he had was hitting a skunk with it, that stunk. He literally washed it with tomato juice :/ it didn't work the bike still stunk.
Then he put a champion sparkplug in the thing and melted a nice round hole in the top of his piston.
but you're right, it really didn't matter what I was riding he still couldn't keep up to me. Actually come to think of it nobody else could back then either :alien:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yeah you should compare apples to apples vs racing a cr500 or you know a higher displacement bike against an F7.
But yeah they are getting really collectible the resale prices are not high like some of the Honda stuff but people who want a sweet reliable 14hp bike buy and fix them up. They are pretty sweet !!
They are like a hidden jem kinda like the KD400 but not as rare and it's a different thing.
They are pretty sweet for sure !

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
A funny story I bought this for 100 then saw that stator was garbage cut the rusted frame and sold it for 250. I ended up selling it to the son of the lead adim at Yamaha-enduros . I guess he hoards Yamaha bikes. It's funny though huu that it went to the main Yamaha enduro guy huu ? For real if you need free Yamaha enduro manuals they have a ton for free.

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
My wife's other cousin had the RT360, he was faster but still couldn't keep up to me. Pissed him off bad when we were riding in a small sand pit track and he couldn't hang with me when I was riding a Honda C90 with full knobby tires lol I shit you not.
Once I got my 360VA he didn't stand a chance even on a straight open road. Montesa was a far better handling bike. There was no CR500 in the 1970's they had the Elsinore 250 which handled poorly and cracked frames.

Yamaha manuals are always a good resource (y)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
It is weird sometimes, so say you have a few going no where soon motorcycle projects. Then you list them for sale , then you remember the dream from before. Then you delete the for sale add right ? Just how Jesus went back for the lost sheep 1 in 100 that's how we should be with back burner projects "go back and just get it done" !

21 - 38 of 38 Posts