Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Please don't run out and harpoon a whale on our account :|
no dont kill it i think artificial life like life support for some poor sap whoes brain died on them
you know harvestb that shit for generations, like a rubber tree tap that fucker and hang pails win win
cry me a river ,3 weeks t payday,you bought it !

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I would suggest the SV650, also. There is so much support and info on those bikes that you can't go wrong. If you are happy with EFI then get a 2006 or later and have at it. You can always stick carbs on it later if you have to. Otherwise, I would get one of the 450 MX motors and go with that. the advantage is that they are a really minimal package to start with and you don't have to worry about big wiring harnesses and such. You can pick up a worn out one for dirt cheap and just rebuild it to stock. Your choice of F4 suspension is a good one. Those forks can be made to work really well for standard forks. If you use the stock wheels then you will run a 120 front and a 160 rear which will work great for either a sv650 or 450mx.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Or a Hyosung 650 might be a cheaper option - pretty much a copy of the SV but housed in a budget chassis / running gear.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
My real answer would be to run a 250 liquid cooled 2 stroke MX motor. You can find them pretty cheap these days and there were plenty of charging system kits for them for enduros. You can pretty reliably get 50-60 HP out of one and very little weight.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts