Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on going to one Chopper Event, Smokeout; Smoke Out Rally 14 - June 21 and 22, 2013
One Cafe Racer event, Bull City Rumble; 2013 Bull City Rumble Vintage Motorcycle/Scooter Show & Rally (Official) | Facebook
One Hot Rod Event that will have both, Heavy Rebel Weekend; heavy rebel weekender
and one Restoration event, Antique Motorcycle Assn AMCA 2012 Southern National Meet
Not to mention what ever swap meet that comes around.

Clearly I am not a racer and am taking advantage of well run events in my home state. Where are you going this year?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I will go to mardi gras, and while I am down there attempt to convince JT to let me make a Damascus steel bowie knife in his shop.....and that is about it.

oh, and the local NY show.

Always wanted to do the smoke out. I hear it is a low-life-a-thon in the tradition of daytona or sturgis in the 70's but that is kind of the appeal. I just don't know how many shitty titty tatoos I can handle

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I mostly go to ride get-togethers, not events. There is a trip to NC and WV on the schedule. Strictly to meet up with some friends and ride the mountains.

We had a great time at the Barber Vintage Festival last year, so we'll be doing that as well as the Vintage Festival at New Jersey Motorsports Park. We also go to Triumph Come Home (PA) and the British and European Classic Motorcycle Day(MD) every year.

Hopefully #1 Son will be finished the Bridgestone project early spring and we'll have that at some of the events.

Lastly, Charm City Mods vs Rockers. I help put it on. It's the only vintage show in Baltimore.

Sometimes I kick around going to Sturgis or Daytona, but I just don't feel like dealing with crowds of "those people".

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Smokeout is pretty cool. The crowd there is open to any kind of bike. If you have modified your bike yourself you will find brotherhood regardless of background and specific bike interest. I know what you mean about tattoos. Now I don’t even notice the tattoos anymore unless they are extraordinarily good or bad. I live close enough to go for a day, see the bikes, see some boobs and come home. Since I don’t drink and I am happily married, the night time debauchery is a little weary. If I go overnight again I will have to get there a little earlier to find the spots that are quieter at night or stay in a motel.

More Caferacers are showing up at the event. The magazine that hosts the event is a chopper magazine "the Horse Backstreet Choppers" but they have a soft spot for Caferacers too. But don't get me wrong, it's a chopper event that has a strong M/C attendance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts