Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put together my bike 4 or 5 years ago, I used whatever fuel lines I found lying around so there's some oem pieces, some auto parts store pieces and some lawnmower parts.
I'm looking replace the lines and valves from the petcock to the triumph 900 keihin carbs. I think the carb lines are 5/16". tank lines off the petcock of the xs750 tank I think is 5.5mm(?).

What is your go to fuel line especially with this darn ethanol blend fuel these days?

I'm looking at this but looking to see what you pros are using.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone using modern fuel injection quick disconnects on their carb'd bikes for quick tank removal?
The plastic valves I've used cracked when I pulled the hose off. Not very reassuring...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Anyone using modern fuel injection quick disconnects on their carb'd bikes for quick tank removal?
The plastic valves I've used cracked when I pulled the hose off. Not very reassuring...
Do you have the space for them? Earls, if they make a style that would work, would be handy to have.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I've used this fuel line a few times. I fitted it to my NTV 2 years ago with no issues as yet.
Shame that I can't say the same about the fuel pump.
100_2614.JPG
100_2617.JPG

Reactions: jcw

·
Registered
15 Posts
better to use non-fuel injection hose as the pressure is no more than 6psi. hi pressure hose is way less bendable and way more heavy duty than needed.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
It has carburetors, better to use gravity, but the style department and the engine design department sometimes don't see eye to eye on things, so you need a fuel pump and all the problems that brings with it, including the occasional motorcycle bursting into flames when the open air fuel pump starts bleeding internally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts