Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grr.... !

I decided that my foot pegs needed to move more to the rear of the bike as where they were before I moved the tank and seat was making me curl too much.

I mocked up a bracket to test it out and the peg position is fine now, but this has resulted in a different issue.... it interferes with the side stand, which I need as the centre stand is coming off.

I looked at taking the stand off and moving it forward, but the side stand bracket is 'properly' welded onto the frame, so it can come off, but then will probably be mangled beyond re-use. I'd rather not mess with that unless I have to.

I can also bend it a little as currently the bike leans too much anyway when on the side stand, but even more straightened out (and closer into the bike when folded) that still will interfere with the rear set gear lever.

Anyone have any smarter ideas than me, or have encountered this sort of issue before?

Pointers greatly appreciated!

Paul

IMG_9143.JPG

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
Get a side stand off a competition dirt bike, they are light weight aluminum instead of steel, will be longer and usually connect with a very simple bolt on bracket.
... might end up mounting on the other side, lots of them do, typically they mount on the swingarm.
I take them off whenever I buy a new bike and toss them in a spare parts bin, probably not the only rider that does that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the tip, I'll go see what I can find.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
go look in the Harley catalogs. Lots of bolt on "chopper" side stands that will hold up a massive KZ1300. I don't know that I would trust a bolt on dirt bike swingarm one to hold up the massive kawi 13.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts