Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done what was thought impossible with technology as we know it today....I have fixed a storm damaged EZ-UP.
Yes I have TIG welded four broken supports and reassembled a cheapo EZ-UP and it actually works again.
Next I will build a Mars lander.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hoping my Frontierland bashed and almost trashed shelter makes it through this weekend. Frame was a little bent but usable. Tarp has several holes. I doubt it will make it through the season.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
damn johnny.....

wish i would of salvaged all the frontierland '05 ezups that were abandoned. we could have gone into business together.

funny that you started this thread, as i was in my garage looking at my two broken canopies (one ezup, one not so ez) thinking that i should haul them out and take them apart.

now i'm just gonna ship them to saratoga.

texy

"dude, my boots feel like they are filled with rain slushies!"

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it was way easier than I though it would be. I ordered the parts to fix it...about $70, but it looks like they won't get here in time...or maybe not at all.
I just TIG welded the supports with silicon bronze rod...which was also easier than I expected, and put it back together.
This wasn't one of the super cheapos...but it wasn't an "EZ-UP" either. It was a QuikShade, seemed like a decent canopy worth trying to save rather than spend $180 on a new one.
They don't make the parts very easy to get.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
maybe you should do that as youre side to your side side work.

jc

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
well there is hope as i have a broken exshade and a broken ezup!

-broke and broken tex

"dude, my boots feel like they are filled with rain slushies!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts