1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far after 45 years i have settled on these magura's
firm but grippy with a good fit for magura.jpg me paws
i am down to my last new pair :(

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I like Hogues, quite a lot. I had a set with steel inserts on one of my 1911's.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
The original ones that were on my 1976 360VA but you can't buy then any more, they were sort of a natural semi-transparent brownish yellow rubber and very sticky soft.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
goddam gunpowder happy russians anyway
I had a set of pachmeyers on my Ruger blackhawk, but they were pretty bulky until I trimmed the bottom off even with the grip frame.

On my bikes I tend to go with Oury grips.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I had a set of pachmeyers on my Ruger blackhawk, but they were pretty bulky until I trimmed the bottom off even with the grip frame.

On my bikes I tend to go with Oury grips.
can you sea russia from the outhouse ?
you got cc ? ever make exploding slugs fer yer 45 ?
its actually more practical in a revolver tho,,,
work up some form fit soft jaws for the milling vice
yes a loaded shell its perfectly safe
drill em to fit them concrete nail gun loads rim fire hits fist its bitchen
can see flash at nite

them maguras are the shit 8 facets small diameter slight barrel firm but sticky enough rubber
that reminds me those russian wimen are realy purdy and friendly but they tease a fella .....
never say no they just smile "not yet"
do you run black or flesh colerded ow-ries ? careful how you answer black oew-ries matter
how do them real bikers ride with grips as big as a 40oz can o schmidt beer

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I've tried lots of different grips, but I keep settling on Beston Gran Turismo grips. Most of my bikes have ended up wearing them. They just feel the most "right."

beston-gt.jpg

That being said, on especially vibe-y bikes, old-style Yamaha "Trail" grips work well to keep your hands from going numb. And the cheap knockoffs you find nowadays seem to actually last longer than the originals.

s-l600.jpg

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when you buy a pair of gran tourismos do they come with a glass ampule of glue that you have to break off the neck of to let out the glue ?
they look just like the ampules of morphine that was the basis of the intrigue in the movie
the deep oh my bisset a bit nipply,.hot in the deep.jpg
what was the
que gailface.jpg stion ? what grips ? ohh those nips !!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well one of you up there like the worst grips ever devised,worst for control and comfort is all lol

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
my favorite is the Tomaselli Daytona natural gum rubber grip:

It isn't the most comfortable, but I like it because of the natural translucent rubber color, because it is semi-soft, it has good grip, and it has the built in palm ridge. Mostly I like it because it is what all the pukka Italian 1970's hot rods had. Call me a hipster, I don't care.

Oddly enough my second fav grip is the Biltwel Kung Fu Grip:
biltwell1_kung_fu_grips.jpg
I have these on my ironhead and they are super squishy, dampen a little vibration, and yet are easy to grip and hold on to, a nice thick size, and don't look like a chrome plated dildo (unlike many other harley grips). They are also like $15 if you look hard enough which is cheap.

Third favorite is any confy gel grip i can fish out of the Iron Pony clearance bin for less than $5. You would be surprised at how many cool comfy ones there are for less $3-4

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
my favorite is the Tomaselli Daytona natural gum rubber grip:

It isn't the most comfortable, but I like it because of the natural translucent rubber color, because it is semi-soft, it has good grip, and it has the built in palm ridge. Mostly I like it because it is what all the pukka Italian 1970's hot rods had. Call me a hipster, I don't care.

Oddly enough my second fav grip is the Biltwel Kung Fu Grip:
View attachment 83562
I have these on my ironhead and they are super squishy, dampen a little vibration, and yet are easy to grip and hold on to, a nice thick size, and don't look like a chrome plated dildo (unlike many other harley grips). They are also like $15 if you look hard enough which is cheap.

Third favorite is any confy gel grip i can fish out of the Iron Pony clearance bin for less than $5. You would be surprised at how many cool comfy ones there are for less $3-4
Have the Tomasellis on my Aermacchi and had KFs on my old 883.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts