Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Totally understand the NYC riding scene. (I once had a NYC punk chuck a brick at me from an overpass - long story) We also have a vmax in the shop, "imagine that". I can say the vmax makes a very nice one up bike but the passenger seat is a little on the hard side and not comfortable at all. May be with a custom seat added it may help but the seat area is still a little small on this bike. On the open road - its still hard to beat a GL - city life though - you'd be bouncing off car.

I could add possibly an HD with soft bags. For riding two up and in the city might be the ticket. On thing for sure, they'll hear you coming!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
How about a Yam XS750/850? A friend had a 77 XS750, it felt more like a two up bike to me than my cb750 does now. The XS's inline triple engine sounds cool and has plenty of pull, plus those bikes came with shaft drive and self canceling turn signals. I remember that bike as feeling fairly heavy-duty.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
If you are looking at a Honda V65, consider the V65 Sabre instead of the Magna. It had a flatter seat and a more standard seating position. Still has that great V65 motor and better tire sizes too. Another decent bike is the 87-90 CBR1000 they don't hold much value and are a great bike if you don't mind a chain drive.

Ken

·
Registered
699 Posts
the shadow a.c.e. is a turd as far as power goes. my buddy had one and it was miserable for me to ride. he and his fiance rode that thing everywhere, but then he bought a road king and doesn't understand how he lived before. good luck in your search geet

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
quote:Originally posted by 2smokeTyler

the shadow a.c.e. is a turd as far as power goes. my buddy had one and it was miserable for me to ride. he and his fiance rode that thing everywhere, but then he bought a road king and doesn't understand how he lived before. good luck in your search geet
the ace 750 is a road turd, but the 1100 boogies. The 750 makes about 40hp (36 for pre 2000 models), the 1100 around 55hp. These are not blistering numbers for sure but evo harleys don't do any better.

·
Registered
699 Posts
oh ok, it was the 750 i was on...pre-2006. had stupid drag pipes on it too...so it was not only slow, but annoying too!! LOL!! and evo harleys suck too. i rode a softail standard a few weeks ago...bummer of a bike. now the 1200 sportster...much more fun in my opinion (not for two up though! HAHA)

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
WTF are you and your girl gonna do with 100 lbs of apples?

What's wrong with the DOHC F(already w/a Corbin seat) I see in pics?

Otherwise a Concours

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
my 2 up bike that i pickup tomorrow. :0)
i'm in love with this thing already and i haven't even seen it in person.

I think a nice 78 goldwing Geeto would be tons of fun two up riding esp for a old honda guy like you. You and your lady every ride on the 550 rigid?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts